Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to stop tyre leaks?

Tonyr

UPDATE:

Now having a tube in tyre all is good...

Received TYRE SHIELD from Ebony at Indy, I take the valve out so I can inject the goo, the tube valve stem dissapeared! so I remove the wheel from mower and take it to another tyre shop, they pulled the tube out which we think is too small anyway, and they refit the tyre tubeless and test it over 2 hours, no leaks...yet the other shop had it leaking, probably so they could sell me a $30 tube!

So I go home empty air and inject 200 ml of tyre shield into Toro's foot and inflate and spin as per instructions.

The whole process was very easy, anyway I'm back to a tubeless tyre with tyre sealant and no leaks...touch wood.

Whole process has costed me about $160 inc. tyre sealant.
    The sealant was only 35 or something, not sure without checking, but pretty cheap compared to the crappy bitron stuff at $60 a bottle.

One nail...unbelievable!

shouldn't happen again, put the sealant in the fronts too.

I'll keep you up to date on how this goo helps stop punctures if I ever get another lol.

Easycareacres

I put 400 mls in rears and 200 in fronts. Sick of 2-3 flats odd days. Same stuff as you Tony tyre sheild so heres hoping its good. Still got the solid jell in other fronts.

Tonyr

Hey Russ,

shame they didn't make a semi solid filler like a gel or something for low pressure, but not able to puncture.

those fronts, they should be solid I reckon, buggers would go flat easy.

getting dry here hey, grass is dyeing back fast...

Easycareacres

dry ? so is my mouth but fri get a carton lol. Yes all areas i cut have turned white so wont be needing reqular cuts for months now. Lucky to have some spraying, gardens maintain or would be home. I hate gardening though done it for council, annuals so my knees had great time kneeling many months on concrete etc.
    Put new bearing s in front of one machine and idler pully bearing. Time to do preventive maintaince while one has the chance.
    I found the ones with the jell in are very heavy wheels and rougher ride but aleast they stay up. This tyre sheild seems the answer.

Easycareacres

The tyre sheild I purchased has stood up to its name as no more topping air in tyres last month or two. Very pleased with it.

Tonyr

Yep, Tyreshield from Indmowing that I started using awhile ago has performed well for me too so far, so good.

I have it in 1 rear and 2 front tyres, the other rear has Bitron in it for comparison.

Tyreshield, Aussie made, good gear....onya indy!!

Ebony

Was just on the Tyre Shield (TM) Website and came across a video and to see Tyreshield in action! (Includes comments from Peter Brock!) Direct Link to the video is: www.tyreshield.com.au/tyrevideo.wmv

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123