Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Vapour Lock

Hondy

Default Vapour Lock

Had a job yesterday doing a bit of a garden cleanup and mowing.
    Used most of my 2 stroke gear and they all suffered with fuel vapour lock except my tanaka hedge trimmer.
    I was wondering if there was an additive that could be used that might minimize the problem.
    I know it was a bit warm yesterday but the blokes working in the tropics have that weather all summer.

Tony

mick

Default Re: Vapour Lock

When you say vapour lock, do you mean your 2 stroke stuff was bogging down, unable to get revs up etc. If so, same here on the Goldy yesterday. Blower especially was driving me crazy.

Steve Ladlow

Same happened to me yesterday arvo
    What is the go with heat & feul?
    noticed APS posted about the same issue in the Maintenance thread any thoughts from the guys in the Real Heat

Viceroy

My Blower was giving me the SH!TS yesterday

Hondy

Vapour lock is when the fuel is nearly boiling and creates like air (vapour) bubbles in the lines and carby, and does not allow fuel to flow freely as a liquid. Can normally start the engine with the choke on but will not run due to the engine starving of fuel.

It used to be problem in older cars particually 4WD's working hard in the bush or in soft sand. With the fuel pump mounted on the side of the motor and the carby sitting on top, the engine would get so hot the fuel would vapourize.

Tony

mick

Just glad I'm not the only one with this problem! Glad its cooled off now but...

Solutions anyone?

USE FUEL CONDITIONER NO MORE PROBLEMS

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Fuel Quality problems

Quality of fuel is a very contentious issue because no one ever wants to take responsibility for its effects in a carburettor or within the engine .

Technicians can only advise what they find in an engine affected by poor quality fuel.

If the fuel quality is the problem the best course of action is to clean out the complete fuel system and replace the fuel with brand new known quality fuel

Test running should prove it is not an engine or carbie related problem only providing the complete system has been thoroughly cleared.

Even a partial blockage in a jet nozzle or air bleed hole will continue to effect engine performance.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton