Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message bank message

Default Message bank message

Hi all, lm just about to start working for myself and got myself a phone. My question is what the best info to put on the message. Im not very good with making a message and when l listen to it, l sound like a w**ker. So any tips helpfull

Cheers Alan

Default Re: Message bank message

Quote Originally Posted by TassieXJ
    Hi all, lm just about to start working for myself and got myself a phone. My question is what the best info to put on the message. Im not very good with making a message and when l listen to it, l sound like a w**ker. So any tips helpfull

Cheers Alan
    hello this is tas from tassiex lawn mowing service , sorry i cant take your call at the moment but please leave your name and number after the tone and i will get back to you as soon as possiable , thank you....
    short simple and polite, use a clear soft and cheerful voice ...the hardest thing is for them to leave a message so give them a reason.....dont use computor animated voices trust me it doesnt work...

Yes very good Geoff. Short and sweet and no cr*p.

Or you could try this.

I get up at daybreak and spend all day mowing lawns in the hot sun. Do you really think I have any time to answer the bloody phone. That is of course if I could hear it ringing. Leave a message and I will call you when I get the chance.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

"You have called Autoflow Irrigation. Leave your name and number, and I will get back to you as soon as possible"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Yes very good Geoff. Short and sweet and no cr*p.

Or you could try this.

I get up at daybreak and spend all day mowing lawns in the hot sun. Do you really think I have any time to answer the bloody phone. That is of course if I could hear it ringing. Leave a message and I will call you when I get the chance.
    i know its a bit slow in SA bluey , but please mate thats a killer ...

You like. It is the truth though. Wish I had the guts to actually use it.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Hello. Your've reached Tassie XJ,Sorry I couldn't take your call at the moment. If you could please leave your name and number I will get back to you shortly. Thankyou.

Record your message,listen to it ,if you dont like the sound of it,or the tone of your voice then do it again and again and again until it's right. The tone of your voice can have a big difference on the potential customers feelings towards you. Dont um or er sound decisive and positive. I rerecorded my phone message about a dozen times before I was happy with it because I have a deep voice, and it didn't sound very inviting.

You could always take on the services of a message service. Not sure what it costs. If I am really busy and cannot answer the phone straight up I will divert it to my wife and let her know. She then takes my calls and speaks with the client. She then texts the details to me for follow up or gives them to me when I call and let her know I have undiverted.

A lot of people including me don't like talking to machines. If I am looking for a service and I call and get a recorded message I would probably hang up and move on to the next contractor on my list. That's just my personal approach. You still need a good message bank recording though. It does annoy me the amount of time I lose answering the phone. Also probably doesn't look that flash for the client either if you keep stopping to natter on the phone.
    Cheers

Bluey

Very Helpful Member

i have a client that had a message service i actually hated ringing him as you have to tell them the message then hope it is passed on correctly using your partner or someone else that knows your business is different as they can help weed out the pitas and answer some of the questions that maybe asked
    with voice mail i would just go short and sweet in a pleasant tone of voice
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

You could always take on the services of a message service. Not sure what it costs. If I am really busy and cannot answer the phone straight up I will divert it to my wife and let her know. She then takes my calls and speaks with the client. She then texts the details to me for follow up or gives them to me when I call and let her know I have undiverted.

A lot of people including me don't like talking to machines. If I am looking for a service and I call and get a recorded message I would probably hang up and move on to the next contractor on my list. That's just my personal approach. You still need a good message bank recording though. It does annoy me the amount of time I lose answering the phone. Also probably doesn't look that flash for the client either if you keep stopping to natter on the phone.

are you guys fn serious!!!!

so BVluey tell me ..how many calls do you get a week . sounds like theres more calls than jims call center

This last week has been flat out. I have not kept a count and probably should have but each day I have got a least 6 to 8 calls a day. A lot are tire kickers though.
    Cheers

Bluey

This last week has been flat out. I have not kept a count and probably should have but each day I have got a least 6 to 8 calls a day. A lot are tire kickers though.
    your advertising is working very well..most net hey???

Yes but the last week the article on page 2 of the local rag has really sparked an interest
    Cheers

Bluey

Yes but the last week the article on page 2 of the local rag has really sparked an interest
    so what charges were up for bluey to get the publicity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast