Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Pricing Body Corps

APS_QLD

Default Pricing Body Corps

I have a number of Body Corp places around my area varing in size from 20 - 60 premises. Of course there is bit and peices of lawn everywhere and gardens. How do you price these? .

I managed to get one but i think that was more from Bull**** baffes brains mixed in with a lot of contact and having a proffessional approach.

This is well and fine if you are speaking with the person but when asked to price a complex is there a formula people use?

I assume you don't estimate the meterage of edges and square meters of lawn and sort a price from there.

Any help most welcome.

Brian

Viceroy

Default Re: Pricing Body Corps

Well the local hotel i got of late i quoted 2 hrs.
    I was there today and did it just under 2 and that was with some extra work. About 40 mts of edges had to be cut back as a quarter of the footpath was missing (under grass).
    But i was happy to get it done in the 2 hrs (very happy)

collingwood

[QUOTE=APS_QLD]I have a number of Body Corp places around my area varing in size from 20 - 60 premises. Of course there is bit and peices of lawn everywhere and gardens. How do you price these? .

Brian...Have you been given an annual budget to work to by some Strata title mob or whoever manages the body corp???

We do mostly bodycorp/strata title work & we are given an annual budget for each property which we have to stick to. Some budgets are reasonable & others are as stingy as hell. We charge by the hourly rate for whatever we are doing ie. lawns or gardening-have even worked out how many mows per property per year. It's not easy because some places need alot of work but can only just be barely maintained because the area size/amount of garden beds/ shrubs etc don't match with the $$$$ available. It's a bit painful sometimes because you really have to watch the clock & only work to the alotted time. Our budgets allow for gardening all year 'round but during winter we won't be doing any mowing for about 3-4mths as the budget would blow out. If you want any more info feel free to email me.

Lindy

APS_QLD

Fair point but what i'm dealing with is they want a quote done and will not tell me thier budget just in case i come under so they save monies.

Brian

collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by APS_QLD
    Fair point but what i'm dealing with is they want a quote done and will not tell me thier budget just in case i come under so they save monies.

Brian
    Yeah.....Lucky you! So what happens if you're over???? Do you lose the contract/job? or are you going to negotiate?

Lindy

APS_QLD

I am always open to negotiate but in most cases i don't even get told i missed out or for that matter why (that PISSES me off). How do i learn if not told.

Brian

Viceroy

With the contract jobs i picked up the other day. I would give them a call once a week until there was a result.
    Same as when i was a Sales Rep, sit back and wait.
    Its tough.
    PAul

APS_QLD

yes thats true Viceroy but to be honest i don't have the time to call and play games with these people who cannot make decisions.

Oh how was the rain Viceroy i did note yor SMS

Brian

Viceroy

MMM Rain Got it almost finished just footpath to do and it poured down. So finished that and loaded and was drenched.