Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day Light Saving

Lightbulb Day Light Saving

to all those southeners don't forget to get up one hour earlier tomorrow.

p.s. don't wake me up

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Day Light Saving

why would i want to get up an hour earlier tomorrow i have set my alarm for the same time as usual only it may be a little darker in the morning but i will get an extra hour of light at the end of the day i love daylight saving
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Love daylight saving get some outdoor activities done after work or just keep working after work & less time to watch the box or computer,.....
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Yes i love daylight saving 2 whats with the hillbillies in WA . Big babies voted ************** yes they had a vote and voted no .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

I love it. On those hot days it allows you to get out of the heat one hour earlier than if you started without daylight savings. Also if you have a big day you have an hour more of light to get things done. Its funny how the old people whinge about how they hate it when it doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever.

Very Helpful Member

people complain because the extra hour fades the curtains and makes the grass grow faster also with all this global warming they reckon the extra daylight is just adding to the warming effect
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Yes i love daylight saving 2 whats with the hillbillies in WA . Big babies voted ************** yes they had a vote and voted no .

Qld has voted no before as well we had a trial 20 years ago when I was a teenager and it was awesome then took it to a vote and it was unsuccessful, Ian has pointed out most of the complaints that get banded around here, I'd love it but I doubt we will ever have it

I had in Sydney hated there noved to QLD don't want here.
    gjs

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    I love it. On those hot days it allows you to get out of the heat one hour earlier than if you started without daylight savings. Also if you have a big day you have an hour more of light to get things done. Its funny how the old people whinge about how they hate it when it doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever.
    Thats because the sun now wont go down till 8 and there usally in bed by 8 or up here any way. Daylight saving sucks it makes it hard to get to sleep and especially get kids to sleep.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Don't mind it per se, just how long it runs - should stop end of Feb/mid March (oops, sun's down, time for bed...'night all)

Bout time they brought it forward. After spending 8 years doing night shift I always wondered who was benefiting from it being light at 4.30 in the morning at the end of October.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

Very Helpful Member

yes but that extra sunlight causes more evaporation that's why we are having such bad droughts

And please lets not forget about the struggle diary cows face this time of year in the daylight savings states

Very Helpful Member

and with the extra daylight the risk of getting a melanoma probably soars

Gotter get solar hot water now there`s an extra hour to heat it up..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast