Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blacklist for non payers

Default Re: Blacklist for non payers

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    But still there is the question. Are you going to screen every new customer through this list. I don't think so and unless you do it is worthless.
    could be open to abuse. like putting your own great paying customer on the list so if they ever decide to 'just' get a quote from fellow lawnie. They can't get one because their black listed. so you get to keep that customer. very unethical but could happen. (or is it my own evil thinking???)

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    could be open to abuse. like putting your own great paying customer on the list so if they ever decide to 'just' get a quote from fellow lawnie. They can't get one because their black listed. so you get to keep that customer. very unethical but could happen. (or is it my own evil thinking???)
    i certainly would never of thought of that [ at least not aloud]
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Yes well this is a potential problem but the list doesnt have to be followed as such just anyone on the list i would say to them cash before machines come off the trailer.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I don't know about "evil" thinking...but it could open the door for abuse of the system by unscrupulous business operators (in which case, if they were found out being dishonest themselves, maybe they could be left of the mailing list

Lots to consider about the possibility of a ....list like this.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

This all sounds good in theory but getting it up and running and keeping accurate records will be a nightmare. You would have to get exact details of the person, First name, middle name and surname, and proably a date of birth to avoild and confusion. Who goes to a quote and get these details. Why do you need all these details you ask? Say you get a common name of John Smith for example and he moves without paying. Do you now blackban every John Smith? I wouldnt give these details out to a lawnie doing a quote on my property. I reckon you would lose more jobs asking for all these details. I would think they were out to do a fraud job on me. Even if you tried to get it up and running just in Townsville, you will find not every Lawnie would abide by the rules. You would get people listing all the good properties to eliminate the competition for sure. I would also put my ex wife on the list. That will get her

What about an identifying mark near the nonpayers front driveway like a spraypaint dot in the kerb or the like? Those "in the know" would see the dot and not bother quoting etc. The general public would just see it as a road/surveyors/council marking.

Or how about using a crap load of weeds that mysteriously appeared in their front lawns and gardens as a marker.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

Only problem there is that 1/2 the lawns we do are already full of weeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Ability
    What about an identifying mark near the nonpayers front driveway like a spraypaint dot in the kerb or the like? Those "in the know" would see the dot and not bother quoting etc. The general public would just see it as a road/surveyors/council marking.
    Im thinking about putting some mark on a couple of them shortly but it wont be on the kerb

That was my other thought - but it may not work quick enough to warn the next bloke they try to fleece!

.. I find in my case most of the people that havent paid me in the past rent the house there in and dont stay in them that long before moving on...so in my experience its not really the house just the people.. the spray paint thing could work.. personally i just put it down as experience it doesnt happen very often these days but in the city suburbs etc yes i can imagine people would want to blacklist non payers cause i reckon these people would go around playing a different contractor each fortnight and what not.. before you know it they havent paid a cent and got there lawn mowed for a year

I just sent out reminders and got a response from a exclient that i stopped servicing as it was a half hour round trip to get there and she was three payments behind so I thought if she wasnt there on the fourth with cash we where not going to service it any more. Well apparently yesterday someone mowed her yard cause she has realised it has been 5 weeks since i was there and he charged her $200 and she belives i should pay the difference between the $200 and the $50 i was charging her which was too low any way but i took it on as it was the slow season at that time. My reply was well if you had paid for the mows i did for you it wouldnt have cost so much and i expect my $150 in my account by thursday or i will start legal action on friday.

I can't believe how pathetic some people are! Why the hell would you pay to have her lawns cut? That would be like having your power cut off for not paying your bill, then sending the electricity supplier a bill because you lost the food in your freezer. Please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12