Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where have the older members gone

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Where have the older members gone

Seems to me that there is a lot of the older members gone from the forums.

Over the last couple of years the dynamics of the forums seem to have changed.

Some of that is probably because the industry itself has changed so quickly and just isn't the same as it used to be.

If any of you guys ....and Girls are still checking out the forums , it would be nice to hear from you again.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Default Re: Where have the older members gone

Just as an example ....69impala, ability , greenhaven, greasemonkey...... the list goes on. Even Admin. There used to be a lot of really experianced people on here giving their 2 cents worth and creating a lot of talk and debate.

I've been a member since 2005, sometimes i just get bored with it and give it a miss for a while, It can be a bit like groundhog day at times. But that's only natural new people come into the game and tell of their experiences out on the job without realizing it's been written, debated, dummy spat about, many times before .
    I know the Jim's sagas always knocks a few people out. It used to be good when Topcat had his forum up and running, you could just "change the channel" when you tired of the same chat .
    Yeah it's interesting going through old posts wondering "where are they now".

People use computers all the time and i think it does your head in sooner or later .Emails facebook twitter texts forums etc ive even noticed some people when they speak to you they still think their on the computer and say things they wouldnt normally say or ask and then they realise after somebody just smacked them in the nose lol .
    People take things to heart and people are more sensative because how fast the information comes in and you can see that on the streets with people in cars in pubs etc .
    More education will be required in the future so people can handle the pace of communication .

Some of the things said on here led to people being bumped off and thats just a part of their education lol Some left for their own education .Some left because they didnt agree etc etc etc .

Some come back after having a rest, giving all the time can be very draining .

IF you are always on the computer it can lead to depression .

Dont take things seriously give if you want to give ,respect others on their views and be happy use uplifting words and encourage one and other .

We all need reminders on behaviour and manners even me lol

So remember enjoy and have fun .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    I've been a member since 2005, sometimes i just get bored with it and give it a miss for a while, It can be a bit like groundhog day at times. But that's only natural new people come into the game and tell of their experiences out on the job without realizing it's been written, debated, dummy spat about, many times before .
    On since 2007, like you I just drop of for a few months every now and again when bored with it, or other life events take over. I closed my facebook account a month ago, as it was just getting more of the same cr#$

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post

Some of the things said on here led to people being bumped off
    gee that sounds a bit harsh write something you don't agree with and you send hitmen out
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

[QUOTE=ian;109284]gee that sounds a bit harsh write something you don't agree with and you send hitmen out[/QUOTE

The forum rules are applied and yes they broke the rules and yes they were bumped off .To break the rules they have to say something or do something doesnt matter if i agree or not .

Glenn some of the ones that i have spoken too have gone because the advice they gave come back to bite them.

Some Indi members while pretending to be a mate are stabbing you in the back the next chance they get so really you can't blame them.

Shame though because we had a good brotherhood going there for a while. Having said that there are still quite a few who i pass work onto so maybe the brotherhood has a chance to get back to where it was and those old members will come back on board .

Very Helpful Member

i was actually thinking that most had probably made a mint and retired or died of old age trying to make a living
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

Smile Re: Where have the older members gone

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    gee that sounds a bit harsh write something you don't agree with and you send hitmen out
    Haven't been here for a long time but good to see your sense of humour hasnt changed Ian!!

That`s just it, they`ve got older and gone fishing instead of surfing..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

I had a career change... so my participation reduced over time. My bookkeeping posts attracted some interest, but I found most questions were the same old "what do you think about this or that FREE accounting software?" - and when I gave an informed response they didnt like, they asked others in a different post... LOL
    But yeah, ya activity here will fluctuate with life changes...... Use the forum more when ya need more support, less when ya don't - but always try and leave something that might benefit someone else.... even if it's 'just' a kind word.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I guess I'm an older member, so thought I'd make and effort and respond I do come back here now and then to peruse things, but most times I have trouble viewing photos, doing any posting etc, so that annoys the heck out of me and puts me off coming back for a while again. From what I read, I'm not the only who's affected this way, so maybe that's something admin needs to take into consideration. I'm also heavily involved as the admin on a couple of Facebook groups I set up for cavies (a.k.a. little lawn mowers - guinea pigs) in our local area, and that forum works so much better for me in terms of functionality. Good functionality = less frustration/ more fun

Talking about frustration and fun, yes, I'm still out there mowing, along with my husband/sidekick. We've been busy on other fronts too lately, now that the weather has dried the grass up, so life's interesting...
    Last edited by administrator; 22-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

There is no reason for you not to see all pics everything is ok at the back end posting is easy you just type in your words and press ok lol

Very Helpful Member

to speed things up i click on the "What's New" then open in new tabs so no waiting to download

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast