Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: fuel prices

matder

Default fuel prices

its interesting that know one has said anything about fuel with the price rising daily.What prices are you paying here its 1.15 for unleaded 1.20 for diesel.Has the mowing industry got any ideas or has anyone got ideas to cut costs with fuel ,do we try and go electric,convert to gas and how are you all going in the business did the dry make anyone look for other forms of cash flow or like me get a job and do mowing parttime.state govt pays my wage to turn up and they pay for courses for example cert3 in horticulture,holidays 8week cant complain

patch

Thumbs up Re: fuel prices

no good complaining we can,t do anything about the whether or the price of fuel
    all we can do is wake up in the morning and put one foot in front of the other and that is a bonus

Default Re: fuel prices

Petrol
    anybody on petrol that does lawnmowing or any drive around job should be on gas smart alternative . you know so many contractors complain about costs yet never shop around some guys have been and still paying 700 for public liability, 10 dollars a pair of honda ,blades 8.50 for a spark plug ,i have so many that join and still support shops with outrages prices
    so i guess i know why people still driving around with unleaded in the tank
    lollololol

its also interesting the price of a litre was only 98cents and thats when perol was 28.00 a barrell how come its only gone up 20 -25 cents a litre yet a barrel is worth now 68.00 us
    WHAT THE

I GIVE UP LOL

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

matder

I have looked into gas to be power the ride on mower but am unable to find out weather you can get a gas tank to bolt onto the side of the mower of about 15to 20 liters in capacity and weather you can fill the gas tank from a bigger tank from the trailer or ute as a lot of the fuel i consume is through the mowers and Kohler does a gas conversion for its 18hp and above command engines

Petrol up and down and up and down and taxed

Diesel 1.36 PER litre Today at Shepparton

$1.32 just south of Perth last friday when i needed fuel, the day before was $1.18.

Whip Snip 'N' Clip

Put fuel at $1.22 today and iam thinking of turning my ute to gas as the government gives you back around a $2000 rebate, It is going to cost me about $3000 to convert the ute, only $1000 out of pocket.
    Havent decided yet.
    George
    Whip Snip 'N' Clip

I was thinking about that with my ute but its only for private cars (gas rebate) not business , all you can do is sell it to your wife as private get the rebate then buy it off her again lol

Very Helpful Member

hello sandgroper nice to see you here
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

G,day Ian.,,,,,,,,,,,,, here in the West the state gov puts in $1000 and the feds $2000 so it costs nothing to get your car on gas, i know its only for private here, maybe its different there ?

Lancat

I have been running gas in both my Utes for years.
    The 5 litre HQ 1 ton Statesman Ute gets 200 Klm per 60 litre tank. The Mazda Bravo 2.6 litre gets 280 Klm per 60 litre tank.
    If I run them on petrol I get nearly 2/3 more kilometres per tank.
    I have been thinking of putting my private car a 2002 4 litre AU Falcon on gas but don’t do many kilometres per year to justify the installation cost.
    The Falcon is very economic on the open road. Last week I drove from Melbourne to Canberra set the cruise control on 115 Klm per hour and got 780 Klm out of 63 litre of petrol. Not bad for a large car.
    Fuel in Canberra was $1.32 per litre.

Sandgroper thats fantastic good government there

Well the state goverment bowed to pressure to do something about rising fuel costs so thats what they did, then a month later camberra followed suit, it did not cost $3000 to convert your car at the time , but all prices went straight to 3 grand because the customer did not have to pay a cracker.

NEV AVERAGE PRICE PETROL $1.31 EXPECT MORE PAIN AT THE PUMPS

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast