GAS PRICES IN WARRNAMBOOL,

Three Months Ago 55.9 CPL
    Pre X-Mass- 59.9 CPL
    Start of Holiday Period 69.9 CPL
    Last week or So 73.9 CPL

Guess it could be worse
    JR

Default Re: fuel prices

The cost of living has skyrocketed as a result as we alll know. So does the cost of having ya lawn serviced. From what I've seen is the only service that hasn;t inflated with inflation so much

The problem is that EVERYTHING is going up in price at the moment & people are getting much more wary about where their cash is going. I've always found that for a vast majority of people, gardening is pretty far down the list of priorities anyway. Add to that the fact that we are in dire straights with the drought here & the water restrictions have made it just about impossible to keep the lawn growing, it's neigh on impossible to jack prices up to cover the cost of fuel increases. To do so would most likely be the catalyst for a lot of customers to say "no thanks, we'll call you when it needs cutting" Drastic times mean drastic measures & I've started being far more careful about when I go to quote & do jobs. I'm making sure that if I'm going to an area in the next few days anyway, that's when I'll do the quote or job (if that makes sense?) I'm trying to cut down on KM's traveled each week. I'm also letting the ute cruise along nice & slow in the traffic to save juice. This is a real change for me, as I've always lived by the theory of striking whilst the iron is hot. If someone called for a quote, I'd be over there ASAP, pretty much regardless of traveling time (especially for yard tidies or taking trees out).

By the way, I had a guy call from a nursing home on Glen Osmond Rd yesterday looking to get regular grounds maintenance. He sounded very disappointed when I told him we don't go that far, like he was having trouble getting someone. If anyone wants his name & number, PM me & I'll pass it on.

Anyway, before you know it, it'll be April again & the weeds will be going nuts like they have every other year in this part of the world & business will take off again (I HOPE!) Perhaps we can put our prices up then

hey jjr, i had a chat to one of the guys at the servo on mortlake rd and the word is that apparently the price of gas is set to go back down somewhat. he reckons the guys in melbourne are just cashing in on the holiday period. no surprise really. i wont be surprised if it doesnt. its still cheaper than running on petrol but thats not the point is it.

Hi Dan, Hope your right about the decrease, (won't hold my breath but!)
    After mentioning to one of the operators where I buy my fuel that the fuel companies need to be dragged over the coals for the rapid increase in gas prices, he informed me that it wasn't the petrol companies but the gas companies that dictate the price, Elgas etc.
    They apparently keep it (the price) at a % of the petrol price, and seemingly regardless of production cost.

Something that I also find difficult to understand at the moment is that even though the barrel price of oil is high, the aussie dollar is doing pretty well against the us dollar and to my knowledge oil prices are set in us dollars,

It's not just the direct fuel cost increase either, green waste charges risen again reportedly as result of transport cost.

Well I guess all the talk about it won't make a scrap of difference to the price, whoever sets the price seems to be an untouchable power unto themselves.
    JR

I went into a petrol station today and asked for
    five dollars worth of gas.
    The attendant farted and gave me a receipt.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Whip Snip 'N' Clip

Talking Re: fuel prices

Well done, I like that one
    Went to the servo today and spent $90 on fuel which wont last very long.
    Now i stay in my local area and arange jobs that are close to each other (say the same estate) on the same day. Even to do quotes sometimes i come home and have dinner then I get in my little corolla and go to do quotes, people dont mind if you go around 6:30 to do quotes. I seem to save a bit of fuel that way.

George
    Whip Snip 'N' Clip

Heres one for ya's that I've just learned the hard way...
    A while ago I got a BP fuel card, 1 because there are 4 BP's in town, and 2 to keep all my fuel accounts in order more easily as I recieve an invoice each month.....
    Now I presumed that because I was buying my fuel from one company that I would recieve some sort of discount and on looking closer at my invoices I find NOT! In fact the opposite.
    I rang them to find out the go and she said I dont qualify. Apparently ~ $800/mth isn't enough, in fact far from it...
    Then I learn that 2 of the 4 BP's in town will actually charge me an extra 2c/lt on the pump price PLUS a 35c transaction fee each time I use my card.

How quick do ya reckon we'd go bust if we charged all our regular customers extra for being regulars??

Anyway they can shove their BP card and I'll start using my fuel shopper dockets and will never step foot inside a multi national again (because apparently they all do this), not even to use the loo, which I told them on the phone.

Something to consider when applying for a card because they certaily dont disclose this when you do!!!!!

worzel

Hi Mojoman
    Over here in NZ the first petrol station to raise their prices is BP.
    The last to lower them is Bp. Boycott them I say
    Petrol here (cheap stuff ) is now over $2.00 a litre and rising.
    I have a Shell fuel card and after reading your post I will now check if I am having the same trouble ( thanks )

Let us know how you get on Worzel. $2/lt ay.....Wont be too long till were paying that here. I hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation Re: fuel prices

We are still in the best country in the world when fuel was a dollar a litre barrels where worth 28.00 now the barrels are 130 -40 you would think that you would already be paying 3.00 a litre

whats your thought guys and gals

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

lifestyle

Post Re: fuel prices

We were being ripped off in the beginning is the most logical reckoning.

But I guess using mowing as an example, If i have one customer in a street its full price but if i cluster 5 or 6 neighbours together i can give a reduced overall price.

I'm guessing there is a "base price" on production and the rising cost of oil adds a smaller increase in cost ON TOP of that base price

Either way, Oil companies are making a killing because I don't know many people who are driving less.

I heard that if the Aussie Dollar was lower we would be paying more for fuel.

I'm looking at changing things soon like redusing from a 6 to a 4 with my ute and reorganising my run prior to spring to reduce travel between clients.

I have also adjusted my prices for new jobs/clients to take into account the rising costs.

I'm not to concerned, this industry is still a great way to make an income and as long as we provide a top service clients/work will always be there.
    Darrel Foster
    Hastings Valley Mowing

lifestyle

I reckon the biggest problem will be customers cancelling services because they can't fill their car up with fuel AND pay for a gardener!

The cost of living is going up because of high fuel prices, Milk, Bread & Butter will all be increasing because it costs more to get it from A to B.

I agree Lifestyle, everything is getting more expensive and I'm worried that our services might start to become an expensive luxury that will be expendable.

Just got back from a holiday in England... was paying around $2.60 for a litre of diesel!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast