Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 100,000 personal customers a week.

Default 100,000 personal customers a week.

Just got my Jims October news letter and i see Jims says he only gets around one complaint a week from his approx 100,000 "personal customers" as he sees his customers.

This got me thinking when i started a business course before i started lawnmowing it was said "nice" customers cost Australian business's 100's of millons a year,, the nice customer never makes a fuss does not complain,,is very polite and well mannered, i think we lawnies are up against the nice customer all the time.

Watch out for yourr nice customers,,they will dump you anytime without warning even after years of service.

If Jims only gets 1 complaint per 100,000 mows either they are supermen and over deliver or they have heaps of nice customers.

Default Re: 100,000 personal customers a week.

Well all that newsletter tells everyone is that he is completlly out of touch with his business his customers and his franchisees.

And also out of touch with the 67000 callers he cant service each year .

All i see is a picture of a bearded man with a shovel .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    All i see is a picture of a bearded man with a shovel .
    Watch out for the new green trailers....Jim's Manure?
    ~ Joanne ~

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper
    Just got my Jims October news letter and i see Jims says he only gets around one complaint a week from his approx 100,000 "personal customers" as he sees his customers.

This got me thinking when i started a business course before i started lawnmowing it was said "nice" customers cost Australian business's 100's of millons a year,, the nice customer never makes a fuss does not complain,,is very polite and well mannered, i think we lawnies are up against the nice customer all the time.

Watch out for yourr nice customers,,they will dump you anytime without warning even after years of service.

If Jims only gets 1 complaint per 100,000 mows either they are supermen and over deliver or they have heaps of nice customers.
    Most would complain to the franchisey there dealing with not jim
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

personaly i dont care what trailer you have or its colour
    but to say or lay claim that theres only approx 1 complaint a week out of 100,000 personal customers wtf ?????????? whats he operating on fantasy friggin island ...obviously dosnt wear that hat much out in the sun ..........

PEOPLE DONT REALLY COMPLAIN THEY DONT LIKE CONFRONTATION .

They just dump you and move on and talk about you in a not so kind way .

The more hype you try to give to your company the less people look at you .

Just go about your business in a humble way and your business will fly .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Very Helpful Member

i hear he's considering not turning his phone on even for the 2 minutes a week he currently has it on for, then he'll be able to say he gets no complaints
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Apparently theres a direct link that folks can complain to him on the website where they book the job.

But as Admin says and the purpose of the thread was people will not complain,,just dump you and move onto the next and next,,,,,,,

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Apparently theres a direct link that folks can complain to him on the website where they book the job.

But as Admin says and the purpose of the thread was people will not complain,,just dump you and move onto the next and next,,,,,,,
    obviously your a jims franchisee sandgroper can you tell me this work gurantee if you dont get that amount of work for the week does jim pay you that amount or is on an average or just bs
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Very Helpful Member

i believe jims guarantees you work and if they don't get you the work they will pay you of cause if they offer work and you don't take it that's not there problem i mean why should it be there problem if you don't want to drive 2 hrs to do a 1 hour job
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

hi sandgroper
    i agree completely with what your saying and admin in respect that if a customer aint happy thay will dump you and move on ..but for some one to claim that he only gets around one complaint a week from 100,000
    personal clients ---yeh right

i'm sure he gets more than 1 complaint a day from his franchisees

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
    obviously your a jims franchisee sandgroper can you tell me this work gurantee if you dont get that amount of work for the week does jim pay you that amount or is on an average or just bs
    I am not a Jims franchee,,anybody can sign up for his newsletter .

I signed up about 6 months ago,,this is the 1st one i have recieved,,its availble to everybody in the public domain.

Heres one of the artilces, this one writtem by Jim.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Booming during the bust
    The other day a journalist phoned me to ask how my business had been affected by the recession. I wasn’t able to help much with his ‘bad news’ story. In fact, so far this year our client leads have increased by 7%, and most of our Franchisees are flat out. Nor is this a matter of cutting prices, as so many businesses are doing. In fact, we recommend that our Franchisees charge around 10% over the going rate for their industry. And it’s not the result of a huge advertising budget, either. We currently spend just over 1% of our turnover on advertising.

The reason, to my mind, is simple. I have an unreasonable, fanatical obsession with customer service. From my days as mowing contractor I hated to let customers down. The greatest thrill was to have a client say ‘I never knew my lawn could look that good’, and I can still remember the horror of losing a client because of a mistake in my diary.

These days we probably service around 100,000 people a week, and every one of them is my personal customer. Over the past twenty years we have put in place tougher and tougher systems of monitoring and training and selection, until our complaint rate is now just over 1% of what it used to be. Our best Divisions are around one fifth of that. For example, more than 100 Test and Tag Franchisees generated only 20 complaints in the past year, all but one the failure to return phone calls (the other one he gave the money back). By the way, in several of these cases the Franchisee had called back more than once and left a message on the phone, but we still class these as complaints.

Look on our website www.jims.net under ‘Book a job’. There is an invitation for clients to contact me personally if they are not satisfied. Yesterday I received a letter from a client who had been let down by two of our people in one day, one through a poor job and the other for not turning up. I apologised and sent her a $100 gift voucher, which is more than the value of the job poorly done, then contacted both Franchisors and asked them to counsel each Franchisee – since in both cases there was evidence of a pattern. One of them has already had a thorough business review.

Many people ask how I can afford the time to deal with dissatisfied clients, with a business that has nearly 3,000 Franchisees. Easy, because only about one client contacts me a week, and dealing with the issue might take five minutes. My people know their responsibilities and they rarely let me down. And in the odd cases where they do, quite often I can change the system or the training or whatever is needed, so we can continue to improve.

Is your customer service everything it could be? I hope your answer is ‘no’. Even if all your customers are happy, aim to delight them. And if they’re delighted, aim to amaze them. No level of customer service is ever good enough.

Jim