Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushranger Hedge Trimmers

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Exclamation Bushranger Hedge Trimmers

I'm thinking about buying a PLP bushranger power hedger. Just wondering if anyone has had any hands on experiance with them or has any good advice as far as what there like. I might be wrong but they seem like a good buy at around 350 bucks and very light.

Default Re: Bushranger power hedgers

And how long are the blades?

I don't know where you got that price from but the Bushranger PLP hedge trimmers start at 579RRP. You must be getting a bloody good deal?

No Body buys anything at RRP .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Me ever thing stihl,husky chainsaws.Tanka hedge trimmer replace with stihl in the next couple of weeks,shindaiwa sprayers X2,shindaiwa combi tool crap replacing with stihl, shindaiwa c4 back back blower gods give to man she is. Bye the best you bye it once bye second best bye it twise sorry dont mean to brag just proud of having the best whene the 2 new toys come i will do a youtube video.

Iam getting the stihl hs 81 r it has a 750mm blade god for us tall fellas and the stihl 130r combi hedger and chainsaw cant wait.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey
    I don't know where you got that price from but the Bushranger PLP hedge trimmers start at 579RRP. You must be getting a bloody good deal?

Bugger!!!!!! Your right Greasemonkey. I dont know where I got that price from.

I was all set to go buy it too.

Impala your younger than me but be aware that the Sthil hedger is 1/2 kilo heavier than Tanaka, makes a big difference after a days hedging.

Hey man do you have that model stihl I just saw it down at the mower store and said she will be mine. Yes the tanaka is lite bu the blade is not long enuf. But very true david on the weight thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS
    Impala your younger than me but be aware that the Sthil hedger is 1/2 kilo heavier than Tanaka, makes a big difference after a days hedging.

What sort of hedge trimmer does the small stuff like diosma or different types of box. My husky does the bigger stuff great but the smaller hedges I need to buy another hedge trimmer for.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

The husky should do the smaller hedges, get the blades professionally sharpened and set up the blade clearance to no more than 10 thou, with a feeler gauge, tighten the bolts and lock nut up, the close gap on the blades is the secret to cutting fine stuff like diosma.

My Tanaka has a 24 inch blade, how long a blade do you want Impala

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing
    Bugger!!!!!! Your right Greasemonkey. I dont know where I got that price from.

I was all set to go buy it too.
    hey Glenno, shindy hedge trimmer, best investment I have bought. It will pay it self off after half a dozen jobs. Bought it for 600 odd, send me a pm if you are keen to talk further.....

Very Helpful Member

The husky should do the smaller hedges, get the blades professionally sharpened and set up the blade clearance to no more than 10 thou, with a feeler gauge, tighten the bolts and lock nut up, the close gap on the blades is the secret to cutting fine stuff like diosma.
    and after adjusting the bolts remember to check them when using to make sure there not getting hot if they are loosen them a little
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

If the bolts that constantly rattle loose, or tighten up enough to jam the blades, are behaving they cut ok but a crap $40 electric trimmer does a faster job with a higher RPM on the small stuff, so I would love a higher speed, petrol hedge trimmer to do a neat job over and over.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast