Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Default Re: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

This is a newbie here . I actually checked out Jims and Fox mowing but I didn't like the fact that so much money was going out per month before you were able to make a profit , let alone how much a year . So I've started my own . I'm still going to work until the business picks up but them's the breaks .Just like one of the boys who's breaking off from Fox I think the Jim's boys will be fine , and some will only have to take off the signage .

I was only talking to a ex Jim's last week which gave it away due to back troubles,he did mention he was making a lot of money while he was in it.He felt his round got devalued by Jim's at time of leaving at final pay out,he would have been better of going with VIP.
    By the way the franchise fees are tax deductible.
    Here in Sth Aus majority of lawn/gardening contractors are franchise and we the private rounds are the minority probably due to this is where lawn rounds franchise started in the late 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi60 View Post
    ...I didn't like the fact that so much money was going out per month before you were able to make a profit , let alone how much a year...
    You'll find the more profitable the potential of a franchise, the highter the buy-in and monthly fees. Think McDonald's.

At least with Jim's you know what your fees are beforehand. With some you cannot say you are busy and suspend leads, but you are charged for all leads sent to you with the expectation that service these and employ (or contract) the work you cannot physically do yourself.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415