Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Default Re: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    That man in that car bluey maybe the next Australian millionaire .
    Your right, we all had to start somewhere. Think of how much of a hassle this guy is going through to get the job done.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Maybe this is the future of Jim's. Saw this at a set of traffic lights yesterday and quickly snapped a photo. Have a close look at the passenger seat.

Only in Adelaide Bluey!!!!!!

I am not suprised......

Reckon he did. Hve alook at the back window.
    had to google raa didn't know what it was. might of been on the car when he bought it. i was talking about public liability insurance. he may not be a cowboy could of done his sick old granny's lawn for her?

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    Vip spent many a year in court from what i hear and they are still about .
    Have,nt seen one here in 10 years They were bigger than JiMs here at one stage.

Someone said they painted out all the signs on their trailers and went Indy.

I wonder if Jims will do that ?

Maybe this is the future of Jim's. Saw this at a set of traffic lights yesterday and quickly snapped a photo. Have a close look at the passenger seat.
    Bluey, thats pic is just golden!

Ya see what a little planning can do, a towel, plakky bag and ockies! and I think that might be the big six cylinder cortina so hes gunna get there first too! Probably needs some Kitchen bags for the cuttings to go in the back! so be a sport next time you see him huh!

Encouragement and keep trying award!
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Gardener
    Only in Adelaide Bluey!!!!!!

I am not suprised......

Maybe Admin is right didn't Jim P start out pushing his mower around the streets. At least this bloke is trying to make a quid rather than sitting on the dole. Ooops probably is on the dole and making a quid.

I don't think it is only isolated to over here TLG. Maybe we should start a post about some of the crazy set ups we see.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Back on topic. I don't think Jim's will fold from this and Jim P will fight tooth and nail to stay top dog. It will however hurt the company reputation and must have a serious impact on franchisee moral. Not good to air this type of dispute in the public. Imagine if you were a new franchisee just starting out. You would be a bit worried about things.

Every organization has to have a head and someone with vision to run it. Jim P obviously has that vision or he would not have made it to where he did. I think the real problem reading between the lines in all the news articles is that some divisional franchisors want to make more money than what they are abut are not providing the support to franchisees that Jim P expects.

The organisation appear a bit out of wack management wise to me. They have one head office and Jim P as CEO then lots of middle management then the franchisees. Maybe it is too much middle management.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Jim's is the only franchise model that allows for franchisees to vote out their franchisor if they are unhappy with the service and support they are receiving - even JimP can be voted out! It is hardly surprising that it is a voted out franchisor that is spearheading recent disputes in the UK.

Is their model perfect? No. However there has been willingness to change and adapt as circumstances change. It is a key reason Jim's has endured and grown to what it is.

There are pros and cons in all business models, and rarely will you have everybody in an organisation having the full support of everybody all the time!

Aussies love a battler and rally to support the underdogs!
    Yet once they make something substantial of themselves, we love to cut these tall poppies down!

Is JimP required for the ongoing success of Jim's - no!
    Should he go? - that's a matter for franchisor's to decide themselves.

The current storm in a teacup will pass. With or without JimP, Jim's will endure, even as it has for the last quarter of a century!

Could we confidently say the same if we were dragged into a legal dispute with a business associate?
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I think differently David. I think that Jim P is required for the ongoing success of Jim's. He is what the public sees as the driving force behind the group. It is his success story that makes the public persona of Jims. The public supports him because he is a poor boy doing well.

Take him away and all you have is another big multinational corporation. I think if you guys lost him then you would also lose a lot of your customers as well eventually. I seriously reckon you have to look at the middle management level of Jim's. Essentially this is what Jim P is saying as well. He has middle managers who are not performing and he is giving them the boot. Though it does appear his management approach leaves a lot to be desired.

It would be interesting to run a vote of the whole of Jim's both franchisees and franchisors to see how the support lies for Jim P. Do that and I reckon it would be overwhelmingly in his favour. As seen on another post here just awhile ago franchisees are complaining about no support from franchisors.

Is this the underlying problem that has caused this current stir?
    Cheers

Bluey

I think differently David. I think that Jim P is required for the ongoing success of Jim's. He is what the public sees as the driving force behind the group. It is his success story that makes the public persona of Jims. The public supports him because he is a poor boy doing well.

Take him away and all you have is another big multinational corporation. I think if you guys lost him then you would also lose a lot of your customers as well eventually. I seriously reckon you have to look at the middle management level of Jim's. Essentially this is what Jim P is saying as well. He has middle managers who are not performing and he is giving them the boot. Though it does appear his management approach leaves a lot to be desired.

It would be interesting to run a vote of the whole of Jim's both franchisees and franchisors to see how the support lies for Jim P. Do that and I reckon it would be overwhelmingly in his favour. As seen on another post here just awhile ago franchisees are complaining about no support from franchisors.

Is this the underlying problem that has caused this current stir?

wont matter if jim is there or not he is just a name

think about how long since dicksmith ran an elecetronics store

This was all started by 1 bloke who was voted out by the pommy zees for doing a completely crap job. The "Survey/vote" has since been proven bogus. The guy has started a vindictive tirade against jim, as jim wont buy him out at the price he wants. The zors are not moving against Jim, infact it is having the opposite effect. Yes there are some disgruntled people, but this is a big organisation and not everyone is going to find what they want or thought it was what they wanted . As for us zees, well going by our forum he has nothing to worry about.
    The Canadian arm of Jim's has not been wound up as reported by the media (never let the truth get in the way of a good story) infact they are still going great guns ( was emailed by a couple fellas from Canada today who were shocked to learn they were gone some time ago ).
    If Jim dropped dead tomorrow Jims would not crumble, there are to many safe guards in place (most put there by Jim) to ensure the on going future of the organisation.
    So apart from some crappy and misleading media reports its business as usual.
    Just thought id let you all know what i've learned over the last couple of days, talking to other zees and zors.

Cheers
    Lockie

Quote Originally Posted by Lockie
    If Jim dropped dead tomorrow Jims would not crumble, there are to many safe guards in place (most put there by Jim) to ensure the on going future of the organisation.
    Might even do better???
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Watch out David....you might get voted out..lol
    Cheers

Bluey

similar to the story of the balloon boy in the states , a story that was fabricated to get pubicity..mmmm maybe jim has done a good story here to get people behind him , get the public to really notice the brand we have got to realise he will never go away so he will always be a competitor , so live with it ...just worry about what you can control and the rest will fall into place.....

Very Helpful Member

isn't the medias motto :never let the truth interfere with a good story or deadline
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast