Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Default Re: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

I wonder how that court case is going in England ?

Thats if the bloke did take him to court ?

Very Helpful Member

i don't know how the court case went but i think mrs jimbo's a bit hot
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Bluey you are correct..Jim's is not the enemy we learn how to work smarter and more efficient. I was a victim of the franchise dream and I learned a hard,expensive lesson (it wasnt jims but it starts with Flower and ends in power).the franchise model does rely on a % going under after the initial investment.
    The franchise element seems to be getting more greedy as years go by and the target marketing they do reflects the failure rate so i wouldnt worry.

I was doomed and heading for a financial fall until i came across you guys years ago and now know how to run my business well and now cash positive and i think we need to extend an olive branch to these guys when we come across them at the tip or wherever.. hand them an Indie sticker or give them the website details..The rest will fall into place..

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    i don't know how the court case went but i think mrs jimbo's a bit hot
    I thinkm he has other court cases , not as big as the pommy one though,,

I never knew there was a Mrs Jimbo ?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper
    I thinkm he has other court cases , not as big as the pommy one though,,

I never knew there was a Mrs Jimbo ?
    on the home page of the jimpenmanthetruth2 website somehow i think she maybe either an ex franchisee or the wife of one
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I thought Jim blocks all websites telling the truth ?

That might have been the first one ?

Yes i agree Mrs Jimbos not to bad on the eyes

I think MR Jimbo has a few ex wifes but im not sure i was told hes on his third any body any ideas to how many lol

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    I think MR Jimbo has a few ex wifes but im not sure i was told hes on his third any body any ideas to how many lol
    I was a Jims many years back...and Im pretty sure he had number 3 back then...it could be 4 or 5 now
    Cheers

i'm sure he would be willing to sell them a franchise - just to get back at them.

I'm guessing he had a pre-nup.

things getting a bit messy

http://www.watoday.com.au/business/c...1221-l9zc.html

Convicted wage-dodger gets plum job CHALPAT SONTI
    January 25, 2010

A former car wash owner handed a record fine for not paying his staff has become second-in-charge of one of Australia's largest franchise groups.

Richard Reid, who was fined $207,900 in the Melbourne Magistrates Court in July, has been appointed chief operating officer of Jim's Group.

His appointment has caused bemusement among several of the Group's master franchisors, many of whom have been trying to remove its high-profile head, Jim Penman, from the organisation he founded.

Mr Reid was hired by Jim's Group shortly after his conviction in a liaison role to deal with the master franchisors.

Mr Penman said he was unaware of the conviction when he hired Mr Reid, but "I do not believe he did anything wrong". Added by admin Judge made a mistake lol .

"He is a superb manager with the utmost integrity and a great asset to the Group," Mr Penman said.

"He has my full confidence."

Mr Reid failed to pay five workers at his Camberwell car wash about $4500 in wages.

Magistrate Kate Hawkins, in sentencing Mr Reid and his company Reiquin Pty Ltd, said he had "attempted to take advantage of the youth and naivety of his employees".

"Mr Reid is university educated and I infer must have known at all relevant times the actions ... were wholly unlawful," she said.

"It is beyond contemplation that an employer in Australia in the twenty-first century could think otherwise."

The fine was a Victorian record. Mr Reid told the court had had "felt overwhelmed by the pressures of running his business".

Fair Work Ombudsman Victoria executive director Michael Campbell said: "This is completely unacceptable and I want to make it abundantly clear that would-be slave merchants will be rooted out and prosecuted."

A racing tipster who operated a blog under the pseudonym "The Mailman", Mr Reid used leaked information from Racing Victoria on his website to attack the credibility of former policeman Dayle Brown, who was appointed to the role of the thoroughbred body's integrity services general manager in 2008.

Mr Brown, who served in the Victoria and Queensland police forces, was a friend of drug trafficker Paul Pavlovski, who paid he and another officer to go to South Australia in 1994 to track down his wife. Mr Brown was later dismissed by the Queensland police force after it learned of the incident.

However, Racing Victoria said he declared "all material matters" to it before being appointed to the job.

Mr Reid also frequently attacked thoroughbred authorities on his website where he claimed to stand up "for the little man".

It is the same mantra Mr Penman used as he came under siege recently from master franchisors seeking to remove him from the company. Those franchisors took part in a referendum in which 84 per cent wanted Mr Penman removed and 76 per cent supported a class action over what they claimed were breaches of their contracts.

Mr Penman has refused to recognise the vote, claiming it was orchestrated by a disaffected UK master franchisor whom he had kicked out for not properly servicing his own franchisees.

The Group's constitution allows for referenda to remove master franchisors and the Group's administration centre – which Mr Penman, as head of the franchise, runs.

While he refused to stand down, he offered the creation of the chief operating officer role as a conciliatory gesture to master franchisees.

Mr Reid – who did not return calls seeking comment - is not the only Jim's Group manager with racing links to join the organisation in recent months.

Former acting chief executive of both Country Racing Victoria and Thoroughbred Racing South Australia, Sean Clarkson, is running the mowing division, the largest of the Jim's Group franchises.
    Last edited by administrator; 23-03-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Good plot for a TV series dont you think..."UnderMowing"

LOL, yes it would make a great movie.

A Jims has told me last week they are getting around 120 less calls a month coming through the call center locally.

Independants have reported less calls as well,,so its across the board in my area,,lots of new startups over the last year,,they will be crying come winter,,
    Last edited by administrator; 24-03-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Smile Re: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Yeh I agree Life style that was my motivation. Being your own boss working 8 hours one day and 2 the next. Im happy and so are my customers. And as for the money, hey not the best but i know 8 hours plus 2 being 10 hours a week brings us more then a mere factory worker and the other 28 hrs legs up crack goes the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wattle GC
    Good plot for a TV series dont you think..."UnderMowing"
    or possibly Hondabelly?
    ~ Joanne ~

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast