Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Default Re: Jim's Mowing Franchisees want to cut and run

Starting to see some new Jims trailers in the area,,they no longer have Jims face on them just Jims mowing sign written in the back corner,trailers are designed differently as well .

i'm pretty sure we still have to have jimbos face on our trailers.
    when you buy a round you buy a territory, and if you choose to go on call any new job that comes in comes to you ..ie you have first right of refusal on the quote.
    when i started ,.. tad over 5 1/2 yrs ago there were hps of old jimbos near me. they were all semi retired and didnt go down for work. as a result i got most of their leads. things have changed now though as there are hps of younger fellas like me that are all down for work so there is not as much.
    but at the end of the day if you are a good operator wether ya indi or a zee you get through. most of our work now is done through referral. which is probably the same for most of you guys and girls!
    it doesnt piss me off seeing indies in my jimbo territory, or other jimbos or zees, so far there has been plenty to go around! we are all in this togethor!
    this is a top forum, hps of good info
    ta

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    i'm pretty sure we still have to have jimbos face on our trailers.
    I will take a photo next time i see a new one,maybe they are waiting to get the face put on i don't know,,

goodonya jayk.

i love the forum too

this is a top forum, hps of good info
    ta
    Your correct mate. Just make sure that some of that good info flows the other way to sometimes.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

ta fellas, will do!
    also, feel free to ask questions too.
    james

ta fellas, will do!
    james
    Hey Jayk,
    Does Kims mowing train you guy when starting out? If so, how do they train you?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

ta fellas, will do!
    james
    Hey Jayk,
    Does Jims mowing train you guy when starting out? If so, how do they train you?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Hi mate, q; do they train us?

the first thing they want to know is if you have coin to buy. they are then meant to take you out for a cpl of days and see if you are suitable to buy one. often all that matters is that you have the coin in ur pocket, you can speak pigeon english. at least and that you can walk!
    for me, i was a social support worker at the time working with young dudes in trouble with the law mainly and i wanted to do something else. my bro had two jims rounds and had one on the market. i knew he was making good coin, so i got a loan and bought it. i had already helped my bro out alot so i kind of had a rough idea of what to do. i think my "training days" with the zor were more like free labour for him. he didnt even buy me a coke when he got a drink lol!
    they were the old days though ( ive been going almost 6 yrs now). these days you have to go to melbourne for a week of training, where they cover most things that you encounter. much better than i got. they cover stuff like turf types, irrigation, management, ride ons, odd jobs etc.
    lots of jimbos in sa, and prob elsewhere go bust all the time. some after 6 months. then the territory is resold. (zors get 20% commision per biz sale... splits are about 25k at the moment and a business is about 30k).
    i know, and fair enough most of you fellas are anti franchise, but looking at mowing franchises jims is the only one that encourages you to look at the others ie vip and mr clip. and for what good it will do ya you can call jimp at anytime. (have spken to him a few times)
    to end the story, most of my training is prob like urs,.. ive learnt the hard way! eg. soon learnt that skimping and being cheap on equipment was a bad choice, trying to be the cheapest and letting them play you is wrong, working a whole day for $20 is a bad day etc lol.

i dont try and rip anyone off. i have my charity mows 2 though (a few oldies). i just try and charge a fair price , and make some coin.

viva le lawn!

feel free for other questions mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
    I will take a photo next time i see a new one,maybe they are waiting to get the face put on i don't know,,
    they are trying to weed out the crappy looking trailers at the moment sandgroper. apparently trailers are the best advertising medium we have, and crap looking ones drags down the brand.

Thanks Jayk. Allways good to chat to Jimbos. and who ever does lawns.
    Ive allways had a feeling that Jim's had some kind of secret training due to how many Jimbs are around.
    Seems to be that we are all in the boat together.
    Thanks again Mate

they are trying to weed out the crappy looking trailers at the moment sandgroper. apparently trailers are the best advertising medium we have, and crap looking ones drags down the brand.
    Good Advertising is one of the biggest marketing sellers.
    Especially if it's free advertising on ya trailer or car

I don’t understand why there is such a bashing thread about jims..who cares what they do.

Everyone has a choice to which direction they want to go and franchises do have some advantages over indi as when i was with VIP 28 years ago.
    I wish i kept my old round but can’t turn back time.If you have never been in a franchise then it's all hearsay.

You all sound like a bunch of women nagging over a fence

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    I don’t understand why there is such a bashing thread about jims..who cares what they do.

Everyone has a choice to which direction they want to go and franchises do have some advantages over indi as when i was with VIP 28 years ago.
    I wish i kept my old round but can’t turn back time.If you have never been in a franchise then it's all hearsay.

I don't think anyone is bashing the Jimbo's BJ. To me it looks like they are just swapping ideas and techniques. I reckon it is a good thing to have the Jim's boys interacting here.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post

Take it with a pinch of salt
    Cheers Fred.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast