Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Fishing where are they biting?

Default Re: Fishing where are they biting?

2017 Melbourne boat show what a disappointment that was. Many dealers/manufacturers missing, lack of tackle store displays and they wont let you jump on board half the boats wtf!!! Shame used to be good.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Yeah all you have to do is look at the line up for the stage this year .

Bad too was it? Let me guess Paul Worsteling, Rayner?

Any here have experience with the newish Lowarance Elite 9Ti Totalscan Touchscreen Combo.
    In particular re loading it/buy it with CMap or Navionics Maps.
    Been researching and it would appear Nav Gold Maps may be better for charts re inland Waters ie, Hume, Yarrawonga/Bundalong, Murray,Dartmouth, Lakes Entrance, Plus PPB seems more detailed than CMap, but over detailed to point that only Captain J Cook can read them.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Any here have experience with the newish Lowarance Elite 9Ti Totalscan Touchscreen Combo.
    In particular re loading it/buy it with CMap or Navionics Maps.
    Been researching and it would appear Nav Gold Maps may be better for charts re inland Waters ie, Hume, Yarrawonga/Bundalong, Murray,Dartmouth, Lakes Entrance, Plus PPB seems more detailed than CMap, but over detailed to point that only Captain J Cook can read them.
    Sorry Garry no experience with the new stuff. Mine and my mates electronics would be over 5 years old therefore obsolete lol.

Nufink at windang today.....just toads........

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Sorry Garry no experience with the new stuff. Mine and my mates electronics would be over 5 years old therefore obsolete lol.
    Thanks S/S,
    BCF are no help and only sell with CMap. I've seen Nav maps demos online showing good enough detail on Water+ Navigation Markers for Yarrawonga and excellent on PPbay as to be expected.
    Have president of major local Fishing Club in my street. Will pop down and see him, he knows me. It's a long trip for me to go to CHSmith for demo and advice, even though I get me stuff off them usually online.

Thanks again, back to "where they are biting", nearly trolling time for BT's. Correction it is trolling time.
    Cheers Garry

Furuno too dear in comparision?

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    Nufink at windang today.....just toads........
    Arrh toad fish. Bloody bait snatches. Love swallowing hooks too.

Furuno too dear in comparision?
    Lowance 9inch bracket mount hardware suits a recess across dash at the front lower level. Whilst already have a Navman recessed in the dash in between the two Yamaha gauges.
    $1399 with totalscan transducer and maps is ok to spend. Don't mind updating the craft at times, usually do things like this over winter when I have more disposable time. Just need to understand Cmap v Nav maps for inland waters better before handing over $'s.
    Last winter got two new epirb's with one being a personal one for inside auto inflatable vest.
    Bugger, typing this stuff makes me want to take Wednesday or Thursday off and troll the McGraths on the Hume Weir
    Cheers Garry

Sounds like a good idea to me. Who was the person that started this work nonsense. Just seems to keep getting in the way.

Garry you have probably tried already but would it pay to see what others are running in the same area. See if they are favouring one over the other. Get a first hand look prior to committing. I had a quick look through the fishing forums and it seems to be split down the middle which one they prefer.

Garry you have probably tried already but would it pay to see what others are running in the same area. See if they are favouring one over the other. Get a first hand look prior to committing. I had a quick look through the fishing forums and it seems to be split down the middle which one they prefer.
    Thanks S/S, was about to commit to the Nav Map loaded model this week from CHSmih.
    But my youngest daughter (24) living at home has announced yesterday that she is committing to build a new home on her own and securing a block which I visited this morning. Happy to say a big No to new sounder as we want to help her fully furnish the house when the time comes.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Thanks S/S, was about to commit to the Nav Map loaded model this week from CHSmih.
    But my youngest daughter (24) living at home has announced yesterday that she is committing to build a new home on her own and securing a block which I visited this morning. Happy to say a big No to new sounder as we want to help her fully furnish the house when the time comes.
    Trust she understands the sacrifice that Dad is making lol. You can still catch plenty of fish without the latest gear anyway.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849