Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Fishing where are they biting?

Default Fishing where are they biting?

This is for all the fisho's out there.

I thought we could have a thread that has up to date info from Indi's who have been out fishing. Put in where you caught them, what bait or lure you used etc etc.

Default Re: Fishing where are they biting?

Went fishing Sunday the 18th of October Port Phillip Bay/ Victoria, conditions were rough as, cold over cast day, caught two very small pinkies (snapper) on pillies and that was it.

Any one having better luck in the bay at the moment? I have heard the water temp is still slightly colder than what it should be to get some good bags of fish.

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve
    Any one having better luck in the bay at the moment? I have heard the water temp is still slightly colder than what it should be to get some good bags of fish.

great post, fished the mouth at patterson river 3 weeks ago, using laser lures and caught 18 bay trout in total with my brother and his mate...

I want to fish Rowville lakes but I dont know how. I googled fishing at rowville lakes, mixed info... can you help???? man I used to fish every weekend all over vic. i am a fishing nut!!!!!!

Very Helpful Member

nick have you tried ringing the council they maybe able to help
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by The Local Gardener
    great post, fished the mouth at patterson river 3 weeks ago, using laser lures and caught 18 bay trout in total with my brother and his mate...

I want to fish Rowville lakes but I dont know how. I googled fishing at rowville lakes, mixed info... can you help???? man I used to fish every weekend all over vic. i am a fishing nut!!!!!!
    Rowville Lakes :from what i know there is carp, redfin and some very lonely trout in there, maybe some eels as well. Maggots under a float or scrub worms with a sinker or lure fish might get you something. Patterson River is the better bet. Those bay trout would make great snapper bait.

If you want to do some inland fishing try Eildon Pondage alot further to drive but well worth it. Just be careful driving through the spur on the way up.

Yes the spur , going over it tomorrow night to camp up at Big river. Its one crazy road, basically a motorcycle race track & some of them have a death wish. Beware the spur .
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Yes the spur , going over it tomorrow night to camp up at Big river. Its one crazy road, basically a motorcycle race track & some of them have a death wish. Beware the spur .
    Cheers Dean.

hi adamandeves
    the spur aint so bad since thay made a few bits of it wider a few years ago but daily trips up and down there driving trucks i saw some scary moments = winter - snow - black ice and slush - summer motor cyclists with death wishes ...narbethong ,buxton , taggerty ,alexandra all good towns

How about the Reefton spur then?
    Cheers Dean.

dont get out that way much any more but i know the reefton pub well old school mates dad owned it for a long time
    cheers

5 kingies on jigs last weekend at the Banks (Jervis Bay). Miles of tailor & big salmon on lures for fun. Had a good winter run of yellowfin & bluefin but all gone now.

We go to Eildon all the time as we have family all round the area but never drive the spur. Always turn go Maroondah Hwy to Yarra Glen and then take the Melba Hwy - follow that through Glenburn and then when you get to the Goulburn Valley Hwy at Yea, turn right...longer but quicker than going through the spur.

My dad and I used to get some great redfin out of the irrigation channels around Eildon.
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS
    We go to Eildon all the time as we have family all round the area but never drive the spur. Always turn go Maroondah Hwy to Yarra Glen and then take the Melba Hwy - follow that through Glenburn and then when you get to the Goulburn Valley Hwy at Yea, turn right...longer but quicker than going through the spur.

My dad and I used to get some great redfin out of the irrigation channels around Eildon.
    There use to be some monster reddies in those channels. Ahh those were the days.

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

One Pound Reddie, spur channel passing through our property!!-walk 50 metres from home . Takes me back to being a kid, catching reddies in irrigation channels, on celta's and Ondex lures!

Very Helpful Member

1 kg rainbow trout in my uncles dam unfortunately like all the fish we have caught at his place it tasted like dam
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 1 of 49 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast