Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Anything useful from EBAY?

Default Re: Anything useful from EBAY?

i think ive learnt my lesson from ebay lol...if it doesnt move then its a good buy...if its got moving parts then better off buying new unless you are a total ebay fiend.

its false economy, all those times waiting for the perfect buy you couldve bought the proper gear, got out and made money already and still end up with good gear. its really 1 out of 10 you get good buys off ebay. most of the stuff i got from there arent intact anymore lol or i never use it

Yeah and you can always buy the same rubbish from bunnings ......with warranty!

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    Yeah and you can always buy the same rubbish from bunnings ......with warranty!
    true but if you buy it from Bunnings you don't WIN it like on EBAY where you aren't buying it but WINNING it and like they keep telling you when your out bid your only 1 bid away from WINNING and it's all about WINNING
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cox-New-Era-S...item3f0537e284 Looks like an ok buy for one of you guys up that way

Has anyone got one of the honda copies on ebay the self propelled one? I have an offsider who is really rough on my gear, his 216 is just about stuffed and I don't let him touch mine. I was thinking I could get one of these for half the price of a 216. But I would like to know how they go or should I spend the extra on the genuine honda any advice guys ??

Very Helpful Member

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

ian that doesn't come up

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Paisley View Post
    ian that doesn't come up
    don't know why the link works for me but will try again http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9083

Thanks mate that one works, yeah it's a bit of a risk. might be better off sacking the offsider selling off some lawns and working by myself.

Hey mark when you add up the cost of hiring an offsider (and stress involved) you couldve bought a bulletproof, more productive and efficient machine for a fraction of the price.

plus when you are done with this industry, you can always sell the machine for top dollar (providing it is still in tiptop condition) but you cant sell an offsider lol

Ive just inquired on a toro GS. roughly 250 per month for repayments which are tax deductible anyway. you can tackle bigger jobs with ease and have more "ownership" of quality workmanship.

Has anyone got one of the honda copies on ebay the self propelled one? I have an offsider who is really rough on my gear, his 216 is just about stuffed and I don't let him touch mine. I was thinking I could get one of these for half the price of a 216. But I would like to know how they go or should I spend the extra on the genuine honda any advice guys ??
    I know of a few guys who have bought them and they say they are good.
    But... The guy at the mower shop showed me one of the (what he calles them;;;;Chondas) He removed the top off it and we compared it with a real Honda. The difference was amazing. The copy had welded straight poles in place for most of the moving parts. The real Honda had solid moving parts. He said he cant repair the copy. Its a throw away. Most of the parts are cheap and welded.

get an ebay one - honda quality is on par with them these days

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Bushranger hedge trimmer in tweed heads nsw

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BUSHRANGER-CO...item1e5fff8a6f

Aussie Re: Anything useful from EBAY?

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I know of a few guys who have bought them and they say they are good.
    But... The guy at the mower shop showed me one of the (what he calles them;;;;Chondas) He removed the top off it and we compared it with a real Honda. The difference was amazing. The copy had welded straight poles in place for most of the moving parts. The real Honda had solid moving parts. He said he cant repair the copy. Its a throw away. Most of the parts are cheap and welded.
    hey Matt , is that mine you referr to , i've had it over 6 mths now , seems to be coping good , i've had no breakdowns yet and paid $785 delivered , dave has his only a few months and its going as strong as mine , the deal is , if it lasts longer than 12months with out a break down , you got what you paid for , if it does all the jobs you need doing , you got what you paid for , why pay $1400+ when you can get 2 for the price of 1 , remember nearly everything comes out of china these days , so you get what you pay for , lol

hey Matt i got you on our list , for when you get down here
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi Mark , i got my 21" honda 3 speed s/p 2010 model from ebay from a guy called AGR machinery , paid $785 delivered , used a free auction stealer from www.auctionstealer.com
    RRP $1400 for the mower ,
    just think if this lasts the same time as the real one you could have 2 for the price of 1 ,

cheers Les
    Mittagong Lawn Wizard
    mittagonglawnwizard@gmail.com

grass keeps growin and we keep mowin

Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 LastLast