Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Anything useful from EBAY?

Default Re: Anything useful from EBAY?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjaryan View Post
    Bushranger hedge trimmer in tweed heads nsw

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BUSHRANGER-CO...item1e5fff8a6f
    bushranger looks similiar to this? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BBT-Hedger-Tr...#ht_6572wt_905

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Fuel tanks in a different spot to start with, but yeah you find alot of chinese stuff looks the same as other stuff, it all comes out of the same factory anyway doesn't it?? they just paint them different colours?

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofhead View Post
    hi Mark , i got my 21" honda 3 speed s/p 2010 model from ebay from a guy called AGR machinery , paid $785 delivered , used a free auction stealer from www.auctionstealer.com
    RRP $1400 for the mower ,
    just think if this lasts the same time as the real one you could have 2 for the price of 1 ,

cheers Les
    Mittagong Lawn Wizard
    mittagonglawnwizard@gmail.com

grass keeps growin and we keep mowin
    Yeah I have the same 1, works fine just weighs about 3 tonne! though in saying that i havent actually tested the weight of the real deal so this might be normal

seriously why dont ppl just buy professional commercial gear? you want to be a cowboy or a professional? All the headaches, downtime, poor quality and frustrations is just not worth it.

Ive made my mistake and now replacing them with brand new commercial gear. Plus if you are serious with mowing, there are tax advantage, ease on the body, long waranty and still sell the gear for a higher price if you ever hit an obstacle you cant get out of.

Ive been through AGR, auctions, hand me downs, garage sales and although I got some good gear, it was pure luck..There isnt much difference with good gear and crap gear with price..but the quality, ROI and ease of use through business is miles ahead!

If you have to get cheap gear, make your money then upgrade to better gear ASAP.

Anyways heres what I found on ebay....wouldve made my life a whole lot easier if I got this from day one!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PhotoLink-One...item5640f17f5c

Who makes that Vj shindaiwa lol lol
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    Who makes that Vj shindaiwa lol lol
    maybe it's a new honda model lol

But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

hehehe

i believe its a 'chonda'

I cant tell is this is chinese or not. Must be at that price I guess!...
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_4438wt_1141

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    the funny thing with these is i saw one go at auction for $910 + freight some people just love to rip themselves off
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    what u guys recon bout thease mowers my hondas conked it lately and is going in the back shed and am looking to get a new one dont like the new hondas look to soft this one looks allright but just wondering if its worth risking geting this chonda one or fork out the extra few hundreds and get a real honda?

Quote Originally Posted by VJinTownsville View Post
    seriously why dont ppl just buy professional commercial gear? you want to be a cowboy or a professional? All the headaches, downtime, poor quality and frustrations is just not worth it.

Ive made my mistake and now replacing them with brand new commercial gear. Plus if you are serious with mowing, there are tax advantage, ease on the body, long waranty and still sell the gear for a higher price if you ever hit an obstacle you cant get out of.

Ive been through AGR, auctions, hand me downs, garage sales and although I got some good gear, it was pure luck..There isnt much difference with good gear and crap gear with price..but the quality, ROI and ease of use through business is miles ahead!

If you have to get cheap gear, make your money then upgrade to better gear ASAP.

Anyways heres what I found on ebay....wouldve made my life a whole lot easier if I got this from day one!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PhotoLink-One...item5640f17f5c

I know there are allot of people running a lawn mowing buiness that is classed as a hobby. ( Dont have to register as a business. No tax etc) I believe that's why allot of them purchse the Chondas. And i dont blame them either, Considering the only work they get would be Summer seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by big_ed92 View Post
    what u guys recon bout thease mowers my hondas conked it lately and is going in the back shed and am looking to get a new one dont like the new hondas look to soft this one looks allright but just wondering if its worth risking geting this chonda one or fork out the extra few hundreds and get a real honda?
    I posted this ages ago but here goes.
    A friend of mine bought one of these off ARG 3 years ago. He still uses it on a daily basis as a contractor lawnie. Then again, the lawn mowing mechanic i use said these Chndas are throw aways once they stuff up

had a look today at a chonda up at mt waverly mowers engine is a genuine honda so is the disk and blades so on thouse points it wins only concern is the gearbox but looks fairly robust and should work ok i guess and if it fails down the track itl just be a pushie but for $700 inc post i recon its a fair allright deal for what it is

Before buying a whole chonda ,how about buying one of the chonda parts eg: wheels ,catcher or air filter...And compare them with genuine honda parts....I did and chonda quality is poor in comparison..Even my wife with minimal knowledge of mowers could see the differance....
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 LastLast