Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Anything useful from EBAY?

Default Re: Anything useful from EBAY?

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    and the link was posted by a seller who sells stuff with B&S engines not hondas or chondas
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

sanli hedgetrimmer new bateau bay nsw $50 ends 8.30pm sat
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/26cc-sanli-he...item3a65a8d58e

sthil km55r combi with brushblade and hedge heads. used but looks ok sydney current bid $350 ends 7.45pm sat
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Stihl-KM55R-C...item41591ff296

Nice machine to get around the lawns fast http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Racing-La...item2c5c8240bd cheap tooo
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    and the link was posted by a seller who sells stuff with B&S engines not hondas or chondas
    I don't know about the honda part but I can tell you from experience that the B&S part is total B.S. with regard to warranty. I bought a mower from that very ebayer and after having issues with the motor tried to get it fixed under warranty...B&S authorised dealers would have nothing to do with it. Turned out there was a little piece of plastic that had broken off somewhere and got stuck in the carby. Lucky my old man knows what he is doin. Anyway buy anything off ebay at your own risk and whatever warranty they claim to have you may as well throw it straight in the recycling bin. You are seriously better off buying genuine second hand gear than new junk off these dropshippers!

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    I don't know about the honda part but I can tell you from experience that the B&S part is total B.S. with regard to warranty. I bought a mower from that very ebayer and after having issues with the motor tried to get it fixed under warranty...B&S authorised dealers would have nothing to do with it. Turned out there was a little piece of plastic that had broken off somewhere and got stuck in the carby. Lucky my old man knows what he is doin. Anyway buy anything off ebay at your own risk and whatever warranty they claim to have you may as well throw it straight in the recycling bin. You are seriously better off buying genuine second hand gear than new junk off these dropshippers!
    Bloody oath. I had some bad experience too on ebay in the past. Now, if i have to , ill buy second hand good quaility brand names.

I bought a Baumr Hedger and a Baumr chainsaw the hedger didn't last long so I got rid of that and got a Shindaiwa I still have the chainsaw and still going strong my only gripe is it leaks bar oil even the thick stuff so I empty it before puting it back in the trailer each time.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    I bought a Baumr Hedger and a Baumr chainsaw the hedger didn't last long so I got rid of that and got a Shindaiwa I still have the chainsaw and still going strong my only gripe is it leaks bar oil even the thick stuff so I empty it before puting it back in the trailer each time.
    I have the same issue with a chain saw i bought ages ago. It leaks oil all the time
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

all chainsaws do that to an extent

Get one of these.

From here http://www.newagearbor.com.au/shop/prod776.htm $69

Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Try storing it on its side with filler up....I do this with my old McCulloch and it stopped leaking.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Beaj View Post
    Try storing it on its side with filler up....I do this with my old McCulloch and it stopped leaking.

Brad
    Yep this works. It is gravity fed
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I had to laugh when i started to read the description on this one.
    Not bad for the price tho. May be it's stollen???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-MOW...item27baecefe2

Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 LastLast