Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Anything useful from EBAY?

Default Re: Anything useful from EBAY?

Hell yah the 63 score again I wanted one of the but did not like the 220 price tage as I have 2 shinies sore for me....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220906093...84.m1497.l2649
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Senior Member Wombat Garden Services's Avatar

heres that rover beast everyones talking about, for someone in the sydney area
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rover-Pro...item3cbef75742

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat Garden Services View Post
    heres that rover beast everyones talking about, for someone in the sydney area
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rover-Pro...item3cbef75742
    Is that the one with intek?..im in need of a 22' mower, got a quote today half acre and have quite a few 700-900 sq/m blocks
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    Is that the one with intek?..im in need of a 22' mower, got a quote today half acre and have quite a few 700-900 sq/m blocks
    No.........850 series
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

anyways i got it ..not bad for 890 big ones, c how much difference in time it will make ..oh..and effort
    Cheers.
    Brett Youlten

Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    anyways i got it ..not bad for 890 big ones, c how much difference in time it will make ..oh..and effort
    The 850 has been a great motor so far for me. Heaps of grunt.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    The 850 has been a great motor so far for me. Heaps of grunt.
    Seems to be a definite plus, im using the alu fold up ramps at the moment to shift mowers on and off the 1 tonner, is it weighty? ..like compard to other Sp's?
    Cheers.
    Brett Youlten

Proudly Australian Owned

Brettly it's about as heavy as any other SP. You will enjoy this mower, just keep up the maintenance and the cleaning and lubricating of the drive pawls. Make certain you read the owners manual for the maintenance side, it tells you how to maintain the pawls. I use WD40 instead of oil and I service them every weekend, by removing the hubcaps, and little red cap, blowing out the wheel and drive pawls and spraying WD40 on the gears and pawls.

the 560 seems lighter than the honda to me

the HUGE wheels also help

also loving the higher handle position - can turn it with thumb and one finger

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Brettly it's about as heavy as any other SP. You will enjoy this mower, just keep up the maintenance and the cleaning and lubricating of the drive pawls. Make certain you read the owners manual for the maintenance side, it tells you how to maintain the pawls. I use WD40 instead of oil and I service them every weekend, by removing the hubcaps, and little red cap, blowing out the wheel and drive pawls and spraying WD40 on the gears and pawls.
    Thanx for the heads-up dave, might need you for future reference at a latter date , not exactly mower tech minded but realize the knowledge is invaluable. Is that the same 560 you have?
    Cheers.
    Brett Youlten

Proudly Australian Owned

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

has anyone tried one of these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160671857...ht_5170wt_1177 I, like a fair few of us have one of their chainsaws and its a good unit for the amount I need it, but has anyone tried the pole saw? I don't need this sort of thing very often and can't justify $1000 for a pro model.
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Quote Originally Posted by watlebird mowing View Post
    has anyone tried one of these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160671857...ht_5170wt_1177 I, like a fair few of us have one of their chainsaws and its a good unit for the amount I need it, but has anyone tried the pole saw? I don't need this sort of thing very often and can't justify $1000 for a pro model.
    That's very cheap. I'm tempted to get one myself as I would hardly use it around the house but it would be handy to have.

[QUOTE=watlebird mowing;84967]has anyone tried one of these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160671857...ht_5170wt_1177 I, like a fair few of us have one of their chainsaws and its a good unit for the amount I need it, but has anyone tried the pole saw? I don't need this sort of thing very often and can't justify $1000 for a pro model.[/QUOTE]

Said the same thing 8 years ago, but thought if I am going to stay in this business I need good quality gear that lasts. Found the money and added pole saw to the hedgetrimmer/multi tool later on.
    Sure you may not use it much but when you do you can get good dollars and you will find more uses as your business grows. Worked for me but maybe not everyone!

The Yukon multi-tool I had a couple of months ago was a complete failure. It looks identical to that BaumrAG one bar the branding. Quite a few guys on here have them though and get a bit of use from them.

I have however just bought one of the BaumrAG 20" chainsaws but haven't assembled or run it yet so time will tell. The saw cost only $120 delivered and it has been used widely by a lot of guys here. Not too worried about it. If it works for the one job I need it for it will have paid for itself. Most of the jobs I do I can get away with using my little Stihl MS170.

I bought one of those Baumer multi-tools a few years ago, it paid for itself, but haven't used it in the last year. PM me, you can have it for $50 plus postage...it's junk!

On the other hand, my Tanaka SUM50 backpack multi can cut through a limb faster than any saw under 70cc, did a big tree on Friday and the arborist I employed couldn't believe how efficient it was. Because it is a backpack, you only have a couple of kilos in the hand and you couldn't put motor that size on a handheld multi...however, it is not recommended that the hedger attachment is used with the backpack, as the cable can't handle the jarring.

Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 LastLast