Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people make me shake my head

Default Some people make me shake my head

Got this contact online to today. I read and busrt out laughing. My wife came in and asked what was so funny. She read it and said now I can see why. I haven't bothered to reply yet. Here it is.

Need someone to come and clean up my front yard. Yard is small but has been run over by weeds and out of control shrubs. There is no lawn just shrubs and weeds right now. I am looking for someone to come and clean out the weeds and trim the shrubs and then spread out wood chips which will be supplied.
    This is a once off garden clean up!
    I am willing to pay $50 for a couple of hours work.

Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Some people make me shake my head

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Get in there Bluey, b4 someone beats u to it .
    Cheers Dean.
    At that price they can have it.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by MowerRob
    Well it was a good try, I thought u might need some extra work, thought i would subby the secret way

(JOKE )

Lol....didn't work then Rob but it did give me a laugh. Hope she finds someone and she probably will. Poor bugger. I can picture what it would be like. Probably wants it done Thursday arvo around 3pm too right when it is going to be 40
    Cheers

Bluey

Get in there Bluey, b4 someone beats u to it .
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Got this contact online to today. I read and busrt out laughing. My wife came in and asked what was so funny. She read it and said now I can see why. I haven't bothered to reply yet. Here it is.

Need someone to come and clean up my front yard. Yard is small but has been run over by weeds and out of control shrubs. There is no lawn just shrubs and weeds right now. I am looking for someone to come and clean out the weeds and trim the shrubs and then spread out wood chips which will be supplied.

Well it was a good try, I thought u might need some extra work, thought i would subby the secret way

(JOKE )

haha. I've had a few of those call up. When you tell them you can't do it for that price, they are in disbelief and say "Are you telling me you don't want the job???" Its hilarious.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Maybe she ment per hour. I would email her back saying did you mean per hour.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I drove past a customer who I always cringe to do her yard. It was $5 below what I should be charging. And also when I ring up she says well Just let it grow for another week.

Someone else has done it and I dont miss the yard lol.

A couple of houses up I have pretty much the same customer, jsut ring ins after 3-4 weeks. The hubby did it himself minus edges. Good on em.

Feel the heat and consider ringing next time. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey

looks like a good job to hand to jimmies

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
    Maybe she ment per hour. I would email her back saying did you mean per hour.
    I don't think so. Email specifically said she was willing to pay $50 for a couple of hrs work
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    looks like a good job to hand to jimmies

lol....mate I reckon they had first chop. No Jimmy I know would even consider a price like this as should any Indy
    Cheers

Bluey

Tell her to try advertising it in the local Primary School newsletter, she might get some 10year olds who will work for that if she supplies the equipment.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne
    Tell her to try advertising it in the local Primary School newsletter, she might get some 10year olds who will work for that if she supplies the equipment.
    you've got buckleys of getting any kid away from the Xbox or i-pods to even contemplate manual work.
    We had one in our local paper the other day...." gardener wanted for 1 full day per week. Lawns, gardens, and miscallenous jobs....$20 p/h...(here's the good bit>>)must have own equitment.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

People just have no idea. I had a lady little while back tell me how she has gone through 6 different mowing guys in 12 months. how they kept whippersnipping her plants especially these vine things he had forget what she called them but looked like there a relation to passionfruit. I gave her my price and she said f#*% off not worth it so i started to walk away. She than chased me down the drive way and down the road as i parked couple doors away from her place as there was bad parking there. She was yelling at me im a crook and how dare i even say that price to her mowing is easy work and I should expect to do it for about ten dollars an hour as any person can do it. any way as i was about to hop in my car i thought stuff it. I turned around to her and said see those machines in the back there thats 6 thouand dollars and it cost me about 80 a fortnight to maintain them and 120 a week for advertising about 100 a week in fuel 4 to 5 hundred a week for the offsiders wages so at the end of the week when you take all that off the 1200 a week the buiness turns over thats about 400 a week and seeing as though i work 11 hours a day and then 2 hours at night doing paper work 5 days and 3 nights a week that works out to less than $10 an hour. Then she told me i was full of **** and i said if you like i can show you my books any time ring me when you want to come over and ill tell you if im home or not.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden
    People just have no idea. I had a lady little while back tell me how she has gone through 6 different mowing guys in 12 months. how they kept whippersnipping her plants especially these vine things he had forget what she called them but looked like there a relation to passionfruit. I gave her my price and she said f#*% off not worth it so i started to walk away. She than chased me down the drive way and down the road as i parked couple doors away from her place as there was bad parking there. She was yelling at me im a crook and how dare i even say that price to her mowing is easy work and I should expect to do it for about ten dollars an hour as any person can do it. any way as i was about to hop in my car i thought stuff it. I turned around to her and said see those machines in the back there thats 6 thouand dollars and it cost me about 80 a fortnight to maintain them and 120 a week for advertising about 100 a week in fuel 4 to 5 hundred a week for the offsiders wages so at the end of the week when you take all that off the 1200 a week the buiness turns over thats about 400 a week and seeing as though i work 11 hours a day and then 2 hours at night doing paper work 5 days and 3 nights a week that works out to less than $10 an hour. Then she told me i was full of **** and i said if you like i can show you my books any time ring me when you want to come over and ill tell you if im home or not.
    We need a marking system for people like this. A small sign we can place on the gutter that denotes to any lawnie don't go near this house.
    Cheers

Bluey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast