Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: New Honda 216

Smile New Honda 216

Has anyone got the mower with the blade brake? I checked one out about a week ago I'm not sure about the handle setup you have to push that yellow button down when you pull the handles up to engage the blades. It's a good idea to be able to stop the blades but I would like to hear from someone who has one before I take the plunge.The catcher seems better the wheels are still plastic junk./ The handle is thicker and feels really strong.No gps or bluetooth

Default Re: New Honda 216

Got one had it 4 2 months love it better than the old 216 solved the blade brake handle by using a vice grip to keep it lock on and when i dont want it on i just release the vice grip. It just feels better in every way and the snorkel on it is awesome probably only have to clean filter oncea week or fortnight compared to old one everyday if not everyjob

What does the yelloe buton thing on the handles do/??????

Wow, Mower Rob you,re sure working in a dusty area.
    You might also consider a strip of velcro, possibly easier & less cumbersome than vice grips.
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Wow, Mower Rob you,re sure working in a dusty area.
    You might also consider a strip of velcro, possibly easier & less cumbersome than vice grips.
    Cheers Dean.
    In the summer time it gets very dusty after 3 years of drought not much green stuff when the sun shines.
    They are probably not called vice grips but ive added a picture to show what I meant.
    Also the new mowers dont come with a bar in the middle of the frame so I made one from fence brackets and some spare iron tube, so I could put my WS on.

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala
    What does the yelloe buton thing on the handles do/??????
    If u press the yellow button down and push the handle in the blades will engage

If u dont push the yellow button down and push both handles in mower will move without blades running

So basically u can go up a steep driveway with motor running with out blades spinning and u using no energy

I'm sold on it having a snorkel, I was cleaning my pre-filter on my 196 after just about every job before it rained a few weeks ago. It puts Honda back in the picture for me for my next mower. Is there any improvement for wet grass?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B
    I'm sold on it having a snorkel, I was cleaning my pre-filter on my 196 after just about every job before it rained a few weeks ago. It puts Honda back in the picture for me for my next mower. Is there any improvement for wet grass?

no real improvement for wet grass apart from being a new bag so more air flow filled right up

Thats the down side on the old 216 model is the air cleaner