Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Current Jobs List

Default Re: Current Jobs List

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    I too cant do it as Im miles behind. Perhaps someone thats keen & does,nt have a slasher/mower could hire 1 from Kennards & build it into the cost???????????
    Cheers Dean.
    They cost about $100 for a daily hire
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

My bookkeeping business is now building and I've been letting gardening clients go - all except the creamiest (mostly commercial) and little old ladies - the best!

eg. one client has two sites in and near Ararat VIC, requires at most 8 hours per month peak season (pushies only!)

$10,000 per year paid equal monthly installments - no kidding!

Regular 'extras' for handyman
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    I have a stump removal job in Lockleys for a client of mine. Does anyone have the gear or can recommend a reliable operator who does not charge a squillion bucks

Bumping this one. Any takers. You have until COB tomorrow as they need the job done asap.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

hi guys if anyone has any on off jobs going round the ringwood croydon area would be great!!!! been a bit quiet lately??

Quote Originally Posted by big_ed92
    hi guys if anyone has any on off jobs going round the ringwood croydon area would be great!!!! been a bit quiet lately??
    Big Ed, two weeks too late! I pinched two over there. There'll be plenty more, keep your ear to ground, I saw plenty of lawns that needed doing there last weekend. Hit their letter boxes.

Big Ed, I live in that area and there are plenty of lawns that need doing....put fliers in letter boxes and you're sure to get something.
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve
    Slashing job in Rowville that needs to be done in the next 7 days, grass and blackberries, i cant do it booked out at present, could be a good earner, ring Mary on 0435 222 088(sounds like a decent person) and tell her you got the number off the mowing forum so she knows its from me.

Anyone book this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Bumping this one. Any takers. You have until COB tomorrow as they need the job done asap.

Jobs gone. Looks like there are not too many Indies in Adelaide looking for work. I have put up a few jobs now with no takers
    Cheers

Bluey

good thread when it finially gets going . Looking at a lot of the members on here thats including forum members of course , I would love to know what area each are servicing as not all have web pages and some dont put areas on the web site . I have a couple of numbers in the book from this forum but be nice to get a list of members in our region say , east and south of melbourne for example that displays areas they service. I myself service Dingley Village , keysborough , noble park , north dandenong , wavely park ,waterways and patterson lakes.I get many calls just outside my area and often say I dont know anyone...its amazing when you receive a referral you often get the job because you have already a good name because of the referral.

Good thought Geoff and probably easily done via the member profile. If we had an additional field in the profile for Service Area it could go in there. Better still a map feature. I agree on being able to refer people. I really need a n Indie for referrals in the south of Adelaide as i get quite a few calls from my web page there. I have tried before but I think I am the only Indie on here from Adelaide by the looks of it.
    Cheers

Bluey

like the map feature , maybe admin could upgrade the directory in the indy site......that would help customers to get a contactor off the site . At present it only has state , maybe he could upgrade to regions perhaps , locailty guide like the yellow pages/???

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    like the map feature , maybe admin could upgrade the directory in the indy site......that would help customers to get a contactor off the site . At present it only has state , maybe he could upgrade to regions perhaps , locailty guide like the yellow pages/???

Yes agree. If the current map on the Indie main site could drill down to suburbs and you could nominate those suburbs you serviced it would be great. There you go Admin. Can it be done?
    Cheers

Bluey

i already give new customers outside my area 2 indies ph numbers. but any areas north of me i could give also. I get calls from all over brissie now that the website is going well. i would like to hand the work to fellow indies from this forum when i can. good idea about map. anyone in brissie can just PM me with details if they like ph. areas serviced etc. & i'll keep them handy for any call or emails.

cheers
    rbm

This is a great impetus people. This were we can really up our game as indies. The reason the big franchises get a lot of call is because they are united. I have left call go begging because I have no one to refer them to. Lets get organised on this and give the franchise boys a run for their money. With so many Indies out there if we work together we will have a huge impact.

Are you with me.
    Cheers

Bluey

I hear ya brother.

If a client says they are from a suburb I haven't heard of and I ask what that's near and if I still have no idea, I refer them to this website or the 1800 number. I figure that's a good start.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast