Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Current Jobs List

Default Re: Current Jobs List

Anyone interested in a lawn & gardening job at Ermington NSW (near Ryde), PM me and I will send you the details and contact. The lady spotted my advertising on my car, but the trip over there is too far, I believe this will be an on-going job.

Regards
    Scott

Anyone in Brisbane take a phone call today that sounded like this:

Hi We have a house in Kangaroo Point with overgrown grass. We need it mowed today. Our backyard is 10m x 6m and the front is 3m x 2m. The last person I had gave me an incredible quote and I am looking to find someone who is reliable so I can make a booking every 2-3 weeks (so please give a reasonable quote.) We need this done today as our gardener just cancelled and we have an event tomorrow. Please email me ASAP.
    http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Job...AdIdZ351817337

I thought I might give them a quote to drive down frm here and do it!

The number of ads on Gumtree with people looking for Gardeners and Mowers and only wanting to pay peanuts is truly unbelievable.

Here's a subcontractor for anyone in Ipswich....

hi guys im looking for some causal work . mowing lawns whipper snipping . hedging .trimming trees and bushes .anything well almost anything . im very reliable and very honest .i charge $17 an hour min 3 hours . please call if any inquires thanks .avail 7 days 04490954xx

Thanks for that paul,I haven't looked at Gumtree for ages. I'm still laughing at some of the prices quoted and wanted.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Hi We have a house in Kangaroo Point with overgrown grass. We need it mowed today. Our backyard is 10m x 6m and the front is 3m x 2m. The last person I had gave me an incredible quote and I am looking to find someone who is reliable so I can make a booking every 2-3 weeks (so please give a reasonable quote.) We need this done today as our gardener just cancelled and we have an event tomorrow. Please email me ASAP.
    Translation.....

Hi we have a house in Kangaroo Point with chest high grass. We need it mowed today. Our backyard is 32m x18m and the front is 11m x 8m. The last person I had gave me a fair price, but I am looking for an idiot that I can bend over who will do it for $25 and I am looking for someone willing to do the lawn for that same price when I call them every 2-3 months or so (so please give a price that is too cheap for an eleven year old to do.) We need this done today as the guy we called over the phone ( who we told the lawn wasn't too long and should only take 30 minutes to do) told us he wanted $200 to do it once he turned up here and realised how ****ing long it was and we have a rental inspection first thing Monday morning. Please email me ASAP.

Some of my favorites

Very small back yard, only accessible through side gate although difficult due to hot water system placement. Trying to get grass to regrow in back yard where weeds once were.

There is a curry tree in the back yard near the laundry that we would like cut back quite a bit as it attracts stink beetles, there is also several banana trees near the curry tree that need their leaves tidied as they hang over our neighbours yard.

There is a small garden down the left side of the fence, starting at the side gate, which will require tidying, just removing dead weeds and pruning back the plants. The hedge near side gate will need to be cut back to allow easier access to back yard.

Front yard is not fenced but has a small hedge as decoration with little trees in the middle which will also require tidying up and re-shaping. There is a small garden to the right of the drive-way (between the drive-way and the screen that separates us from our neighbours) that will require weeding and tidying up.

All this shouldn't take longer than 2-3 hours as we have done it before, we just don't have the time for constant maintenance.

We have our own push mower (not motorised) and whipper snipper if required but prefer someone with their own. Pay rate is $60-$70 depending on the job completed. Contact by email only.

We need someone reliable to come every week to blow the leaves in our yard and a general tidy up - probably 60 - 90 minutes work.
    There may be other work every 2- 3 weeks eg some weeding and trimming (no mowing!) - nothing complicated and will probably take an extra 30 minutes.
    We have a petrol blower and rake. If you have clippers or similar that would be good otherwise, I can supply also.

We are in the Bardon area.
    Pay $18- per hour.
    Please respond with a REPLY EMAIL and include where you are travelling from and any information about you that you think we need to know.
    Cheers!!

We are looking for a gardener for ongoing yard maintenance for a few hours work a month. We live on acreage at Carseldine, so must not live too far away. $25 per hour for general work and $30 per hour if you use your own equipment, whipper snipper etc.

Need someone to mow lawn, whipper snipper edges and weeds out of garden as a one off. Normal yard man away on holidays and does this job in about 30 mins. You will need your own equipment.

Would like this done ASAP as we have come back from sydney and lawn has gone a bit crazy!

Will pay $40 cash for this.

Please text me and i will get back to you asap. We are in Lota (near wynnum)

Thanks!

Its better than the comedy channel
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Haha I have never been on that site before. There is some funny stuff on there!

Hi i need to get my lawns done, and i will pay $100 hair voucher to use at my hair salon in Hurstville. Must have own lawn mower, etc, also want edging done around the house. Prob be about 3 hours work. Need all grass to be taken away if it all cant fit in green bin. A general tidy up of my yard. Had my lawns done about 4 weeks ago.
    Wow this one is tempting seeing its in my hood! That's some big coin on offer.
    We are after a master of all trades for a property at Baulkham Hills.
    *** OWN EQUIPMENT REQUIRED ***

Job description;
    Maintenance of all gardens, front and back including mowing, weeding, pruning, watering, fertalising etc.

We also need pool maintenance, this would require someone with previous pool experience. All chemicals to be re-imbursed to you, however the pool needs to be clean and pool pump working on a timer. All currently set up however needs to be maintained.

We also havea pond that is on a timer, however needs to currently be cleaned and water proofed, prior to having water added to it. Will discuss further with the right applicant.

This position is once a week for 8 hours, payable $120 per day.

haha dont know whether to laugh or get angry

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    haha dont know whether to laugh or get angry
    Yeah it's a bit like that. Reading through them it makes you angry to think what some people think is a fair price for work, but you just have to laugh. I just wonder whether they actually find people to do the work for such ridiculous prices.

i think they do ... not sure if that's the funny part!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Translation..."but I am looking for an idiot that I can bend over who will do it for $25
    lol stripes, thats what i hear too, lololol

amazing, how they think they can get someone for 15 to $20 an hour etc;

the best thing i reckon is that they WILL find someone, then that person wont be able to take calls from real customers paying real money cos theyre busy working for scabs

lol

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Yeah it's a bit like that. Reading through them it makes you angry to think what some people think is a fair price for work, but you just have to laugh. I just wonder whether they actually find people to do the work for such ridiculous prices.
    I was thinking the same a few weeks ago and decided to email one a week after the add was place.

They had found someone to mow the approx. 800sqm block in blacktown as a regular cut (once a month lol) for $35. But were happy for me to come and quote

I read the hairdressing one the other day and was on the floor when i seen it... $100 hair dresser voucher for minimum 3 hours work.

I was thinking of getting my hair cut at the salon and offering a $25 mowing voucher and quoting the job at a minimum $200.

I would love to see the response to that deal. (she would probably post it on the "Indy hairdressing forum")

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    I read the hairdressing one the other day and was on the floor when i seen it... $100 hair dresser voucher for minimum 3 hours work.

I was thinking of getting my hair cut at the salon and offering a $25 mowing voucher and quoting the job at a minimum $200.

I would love to see the response to that deal. (she would probably post it on the "Indy hairdressing forum")

haha.

I used to be friends with a tight arse bloke that worked for Coke and needed a tap installed, so I organised my plumber mate to do it for him. He charged him $120 which was nothing considering he had to supply the tap, and about 8m of copper so he basically did it for about $40. The tight arse asked me to ask my plumber mate if he would take $100 and a slab of Coke (that he gets for free). I told him he's a tight arse and it was already way too cheap, so he rang my mate and asked him and he said yeah a bit puzzled, and then we had a laugh about it at the pub. The tight ass called him again a few months later and wanted more work done, and instead of asking how much it would cost to do the job, he said how many slabs of Coke would it cost to do it. My plumber mate called me pissing himself laughing and asked if his bank would take the Coke as part of his mortgage payment. "Here's 2 grand, and here's a few slabs of Coke to make up the rest."

I probably only go out to quote 1 in 5 phone calls after I have asked a few questions. You can "weed' out the bad jobs if you know what to look for.

* When someone wants you to use your ride-on on a normal house block.
    This means we have let our lawn grow so long you cannot do it with a push mower.

* When someone describes their acreage as "more of a paddock" than a lawn.
    Don't touch it unless you want to mow over fallen branches.

* If a customer mentioned their ride-on is broken down.
    Means there ride-on broke down 6 months ago and they want you to put your machine through hell before they get their
    mower back.

* I just lost my Gardener after 15 years.
    I want to pay 15 year old prices.

* We have a real problem keeping gardeners.
    We don't want to pay much or expect miracles.

* If a customer asks how much do you charge per hour.
    This means I want to pay 16 year old wages without considering fuel, equipment, tipping fees or insurance costs etc.

I had a lady approach me the other day and said she had just lost her gardener after 10 years. She wanted her whole garden maintained............2 hours a month. I said I would not touch it at less than 2 hours (2 staff) a fortnight. Settled on 2 staff, 1 hour per fortnight. When we finished our first visit she said " See you in 6 weeks"..............we won't be back!

Look after your good customers. They are hard to find.
    BLUEBOY

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEVBOY View Post
    I had a lady approach me the other day and said she had just lost her gardener after 10 years. She wanted her whole garden maintained............2 hours a month. I said I would not touch it at less than 2 hours (2 staff) a fortnight. Settled on 2 staff, 1 hour per fortnight. When we finished our first visit she said " See you in 6 weeks"..............we won't be back!
    My opinion is you made the mistake of letting the client know you wouldn't do it for less that 2 hours and then agreed to just 1 hour.

Did you say anything to her after she said 6 weeks? or were you in shock that she is pushing your limits?

I have had my fair share of people trying to pull the wool over my eyes... I just don't accept it full stop anymore and make it quite clear if someone tries.

The customer is never right!

Simmo.

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast