Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Geetars

Default Geetars

Any guitar players out there? I'm becoming a bit of a undisciplined collector, bought another last night (number 13 or 14?) its starting to look like a music shop here with them all as well as piano, keyboards, amplifiers, speaker boxes et al......nice to kick back with a cold beer and an acoustic after mowing/weeding etc!

Default Re: Geetars

cant agree more,i love playing music,i also play drums which helps with stress,except when you have alot of gigs and you have to play all the time,takes the fun out of it then.

Not me but Timmy plays. His love is his left handed 12 string accoustic (Takamine - which he's now had for 22 years).

I am trying to find a left handed 12 string accoustic Maton for him but the one I did find would almost require a second mortgage be taken out. Looks like he'll need to be happy with a 6 string, but even those left-handed are hard to find!

I love it when he comes home and picks up the guitar...it's just nice to listen to while I bustle around the house.
    ~ Joanne ~

no can`t play guitar but can play the banjo (a bit ) still lots to learn been playing about 2yrs.. the wife has a guitar but it collects dust and its left handed..once i`ve mastered the banjo i might have a go at guitar
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by bradsmowing
    cant agree more,i love playing music,i also play drums which helps with stress,except when you have alot of gigs and you have to play all the time,takes the fun out of it then.
    I haven't gigged for 20+ years,occasionally in mates bands,used to play in a couple of piano bars.Would probably play bass if I wanted to gig again....always work for bassplayers and drummers.

Mrs HMS, look at Cole Clark 12 stringers, Maton quality is very iffy these days, Cole Clark is run by former Maton luthiers and are very nice guitars for the money.

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

I also have a Takemine... semi acoustic. Purchased it in Canada 12 Years ago...
    Great Sound... also brings back great memories everytime I pull it out!.

so guys whos better:
    slash from guns n roses
    or
    tom morello from rage against the machine/audioslave etc

or who is better than them :P

Quote Originally Posted by simo
    no can`t play guitar but can play the banjo (a bit ) still lots to learn been playing about 2yrs.. the wife has a guitar but it collects dust and its left handed..once i`ve mastered the banjo i might have a go at guitar
    Do u wear overalls when u play the Banjo???????
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsgardens
    so guys whos better:
    slash from guns n roses
    or
    tom morello from rage against the machine/audioslave etc

or who is better than them :P
    We had an invitation from Maton to "An Evening with Tommy Emmanuel" a few years back, held at Allens Music in Blackburn. There were only about 20 people there....faaaaar out that man can play. We both just sat there utterly gobsmacked and totally in awe of his playing. He is a CGP (Certified Guitar Player) and OMG does it show!
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Do u wear overalls when u play the Banjo???????
    Cheers Dean.
    YEEE HARRR i`am a red neck , especially after a days work in the sun..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Im a bass player just put new machine heads in today and new strings tomorrow should sound good.
    Gotta love it

Been thinking of getting a bass,maybe a used Ibanez 5 string or a Yammy perhaps. I'm always tweaking my guitars with locking tuners,different pickups etc,its become an obsession

What brand strings are you using?

I use ernie ball strings love em get them for $40 off evilbay or $55 at the music shop. just got a bog standard yamaha bass 4 string but would love a ernie ball musicman stingray 5 string. Only problem is there $3600 new and when your only doing church gigs every other week its a bit much.

Yeah, Stingrays are pretty outrageous price-wise. My new Les Paul arrived today,yeehah!

Very Helpful Member

talking about guitar players guitar player personally i think it should be against the law for someone who looks like that to have talent like that
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast