Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blower needed!!!!

Default Blower needed!!!!

I am in the market for a new blower, wife has gone on strike .

Just kidding I need to get myself a new blower as my last one has gone to a better place. I previously had a Stihl BG 65. This was a good unit and was very reliable but was after the opinions of my fellow Indo's.

Any help welcome! Places where they are cheap even better. I am based in Brisbane.

Hit me with in people...
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Default Re: Blower needed!!!!

Stay with the stihl.I have the same model never any problem I also had new Honda 4 stroke.
    Honda too heavy gave pain in forearm after about 10 min sold it as new
    Stihl also had far better wind speed than Honda.
    Don't go cheap I started with cheap chinese crap and only a waste of time hard to start fell apart frustrated at end of day.
    cheers

Stihl also have that win a ute competition.

Yep cant beat the stihl but would upgrade to the 85 or I think its superseeded by the bg86(has easy start . Also for same money and weight and reliability the echo 2455 is a great unit and works a bit better when the temps get into the 30s. I have both cant fault them both

Echo has been great for me especially the backpack blower. Massive amount of power if you have enough dough to buy it. Can be overkill at times, but I would never be without it now!

Yeah I would buy a Echo again or even a Tanaka blower. I have a Sthil as well, keep having problems with a loose choke lever, have had it replaced twice.

I have a Stihl BG66 the model with the built in silencer in the spout. Was bloody useless as the silencer reduced the wind speed by half. Took it off and replaced it and had my mower guy beef up the revs and it works great. I have a back up el cheap Trade Tools Direct model. Bloody thing is stronger than the stihl and goes like the clappers. I have given it a hiding and it is still going. Got my moneys worth out of it 30 times over.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    I have a Stihl BG66 the model with the built in silencer in the spout. Was bloody useless as the silencer reduced the wind speed by half. Took it off and replaced it and had my mower guy beef up the revs and it works great. I have a back up el cheap Trade Tools Direct model. Bloody thing is stronger than the stihl and goes like the clappers. I have given it a hiding and it is still going. Got my moneys worth out of it 30 times over.

hi bluey
    sounds like we have the same blower when i got mine the bloke in the mower shop knows me so after the first service = machine run in , he removed some sort of restrictor plug in the carby = runs smoother use less fuel and performs better ..... but i dont know where on the carby thay are ...
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969
    hi bluey
    sounds like we have the same blower when i got mine the bloke in the mower shop knows me so after the first service = machine run in , he removed some sort of restrictor plug in the carby = runs smoother use less fuel and performs better ..... but i dont know where on the carby thay are ...
    cheers
    Are you sure it wasn't the anti spark device in the exhaust. My mower bloke showed me how to do it but advised against it if you work in fire danger areas which we sometimes do. They can carbon up and will reduce the power of the engine. You just screw them out and heat them up with a blow torch to red hot and blast the crap off with compressed air. I left mine in but give it a regular clean. It is the nut on the front of the exhaust.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

no bluey wasnt the exhaust it was some thing to do with the carby he also spoke about muffler exhaust as you mentioned and said it is the worst think people can do it reducess internal preasure etc and can cause them to over run and back fire ...also creates as you said fire risk if its removed ..

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969
    no bluey wasnt the exhaust it was some thing to do with the carby he also spoke about muffler exhaust as you mentioned and said it is the worst think people can do it reducess internal preasure etc and can cause them to over run and back fire ...also creates as you said fire risk if its removed ..
    They are fitted with an anti tamper device on the idle screws. Mt bloke took that off and upped the revs. Can you find out what your bloke did as i am still not fully happy with mine.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    They are fitted with an anti tamper device on the idle screws. Mt bloke took that off and upped the revs. Can you find out what your bloke did as i am still not fully happy with mine.

yep next time im in there will ask
    when i took it back to him for service told him seems to run a little rough when hot and at times a bit constipated he said he would open up the carby a bit etc etc - when i went back he said he removed the restrictor and showed me this little black rubber gromit
    = maybe he done as your bloke did then but i will ask for you next time im in ...
    cheers

I have a trade tool blower which i can't fault, have used it everyday for 2 yrs and still going strong. Better still there $159 bucks.

Can't fault my Echo, am considering getting the gutter cleaning attachment - has anyone used one?

Bluey you just saved me some money I was looking at the stihl with the silencer thing. So they are no good I like the idea of making them a bit quiter but not if it cuts the performance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast