Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brushy on it's last leg???

Question Brushy on it's last leg???

Help me out if you can, I have a Kawasaki eg35 brushcutter. It's been getting heaps of use lately doing clean ups, and it hasn't had a break because my other brushcutter/snipper is out of order.

It's been going gun ho, until the other day I checked and cleaned out the air intake. The next day, it took about 5mins to start. Tonight it would not start at all. It sounds alright but just won't idle. I checked the plug and it was wet, oily??? gave that a good dry off but still wouldn't start. I thought it might of been the oil as I have just started a new bottle that had been sitting around for a while but everything else is working fine with new oil.

I'm not the most mechanically minded fella so I'm going to get a pro to have a look at it tomorrow. Can anyone suggest any shops on the east side of Melbourne who would be a chance to have a look at it for me tomorrow or friday?? I've booked 2 clean ups and 2 normal jobs so far for Saturday so I'll have to sort something out by then.

Default Re: Brushy on it's last leg???

Just decided I'd do the rounds of the Mower Power stores to see if any of them can fit me in. Not sure if they service on site?????

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B
    Just decided I'd do the rounds of the Mower Power stores to see if any of them can fit me in. Not sure if they service on site?????

Have you checked your filter.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Have you checked your filter.
    I checked the air filter...

Fuel seems to be coming through alright, maybe I flooded it??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B
    Fuel seems to be coming through alright, maybe I flooded it??
    hi andy. as mentioned in your other post sometimes equipment won't start in 40+ heat. give it a whirl tomorrow.

cheers
    rbm

Thanks for that, didn't think about it being temperaturemental.

I'll give it a berl in the morning before I take it anywhere.

I've got a blister the size of a 5c coin on my middle finger from trying to start it tonight. I would of sworn and kicked it if the client weren't just inside the unit.

Very Helpful Member

i had some trouble with my shindaiwa t260 starting after it had got hot also the honda blower once the started to run properly they were ok but really didn't want to start
    also if you see mike at mt waverley mower power on wadham rd tell him your a contractor and he maybe able to help
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    i had some trouble with my shindaiwa t260 starting after it had got hot also the honda blower once the started to run properly they were ok but really didn't want to start
    also if you see mike at mt waverley mower power on wadham rd tell him your a contractor and he maybe able to help
    Thanks Ian, he's going to be first port of call. He has got a tidy little shop, I wasn't sure if they service on site.

hi andy b
    could just be heat related even my stihl brushcutter was a b****rd today never had a problem with it before , but {all power in stud road bayswater } about 500 meter up stud road from mountain hwy intersection is good , = about 10 minute drive from mt waverly shopping centre , hes also very help full when ive had any problems he tells me , go do this ,try this ,try that if still not working or if ya desperate bring it in ...
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969
    hi andy b
    could just be heat related even my stihl brushcutter was a b****rd today never had a problem with it before , but {all power in stud road bayswater } about 500 meter up stud road from mountain hwy intersection is good , = about 10 minute drive from mt waverly shopping centre , hes also very help full when ive had any problems he tells me , go do this ,try this ,try that if still not working or if ya desperate bring it in ...
    cheers
    Sounds like the kinda shop I'm going to need, gives an education as well as service.

Try a new plug and adjust the idle screw. Mine would not start when we had 40 degrees a few weeks ago. May have the same problem today as its going to reach 40 again. Too busy to stop working too!

Just an idea if all above fails check for carbon build up in the exhaust ( take the exhaust off and carefully clear out the exhaust port with a screw driver ) good luck..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by simo
    Just an idea if all above fails check for carbon build up in the exhaust ( take the exhaust off and carefully clear out the exhaust port with a screw driver ) good luck..

I had a similar problem with my stihl blower. It has an anti spark device in the exhaust. My mower bloke showed me how to take it out and clean it. You just unscrew the screw on the front of the exhaust and take out the assembly. Heat the filter in a blow torch and blow the screen clear with compressed air. I didn't have a clue what was wrong with it. Thought it had a fuel blockage when all it was was this little screen clogged up with carbon. Worked like a dream afterwards
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by simo

Or just rip the spark arrester out and feel the power,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast