Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tenders

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Default Re: Tenders

I had a holiday house customer want me to put the bins out and bring them in. I figure I have to drive there twice a week it'd $15 each visit out & in. $30 week. I know this client has been getting other quotes for the lawn I do for $50 so theres no way he'll spring the extra $30. I replied sorry, impossible to be in your area on those days. Maybe big Body Corps will go for it, you can only try.

Thanks guys. They are all close to home.
    Put the bins out the night before and when ever the day after to bring them back in.
    Hand seems to be recovering Dean.
    Thank god I'm a right handed.
    Get X-ray's today. Will be interesting.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

What's a good price for this?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Your hourly rate x the hours to do it + a bit extra for me for giving you such valuable information
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Depending on how many there is and on how long it takes to put them out and bring back in. If less than an hr you may want to set a minimum fee of 1 hrs work. If you can do it as part off your run all the better but if you have you drive there specifically each time factor that in. I would also stipulate that the bins have to be in working order ie. no broken wheels so you dont have problems with them. Also not over full. You dont want to have to clean up rubbish that has fallen out of them on the way down to the front.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

thanks guys. there are around 6 bins at each place. around the corner from my place.
    the days i do the maintence is on a 3 weekly now. bins every 2nd week. so it will be a case of a drive by each one. it would take 15 mins max to do each one.

there is a company in Melb and bins is all they do http://www.stinkybins.com.au/

hey guys

not sure if this is the place to ask this so if not feel free to steer me in the right direction and it is possibly a stupid question but how do you go about finding out where tenders and the like are?

Cheers Tim

www.tenders.nsw.gov.au for you bud ...not a lot going on there though ...other sites deal with private tenders, but yet to find one that doesn't want to charge to see what they are offering
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by HRTTIM View Post
    hey guys

not sure if this is the place to ask this so if not feel free to steer me in the right direction and it is possibly a stupid question but how do you go about finding out where tenders and the like are?

Cheers Tim
    What sort of tenders are you looking for ? Government, commercial or private residential ?

hey guys been a little while but finally got a little bit of free time..

I am looking for Commercial or private residential tenders so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Tim, it's worth doing a google search for websites that will send you alerts when relevant tenders to what you're looking for come up for tendering.

Austender.com.au is one such website.

They all charge varying amounts for the service. The benefit being that you don't have to search every single individual local council, government, school website individually to find tenders as they become available.

You could also try emailing some of the local schools in your area. They might not have tenders up for renewal but may keep your contact details on file for the time at which one might.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234