Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Attempted rip off

Default Attempted rip off

No probs admin, no names will be mentioned but, .
    Yesterday I dropped my shindawa multi tool & smashed the rocker cover. I rang a certain mower dealer I have dealt with a few times b4 & asked if he had 1 in stock. He said he did & would put it to one side for me to pick up that arvo. On arrival we had a quick chat, he said he would have a look into fixing the old one, then filled the new machine, I payed for it & away I went.
    Walking out the front door on closer inspection, I noticed the NEW machine did,nt appear to be quite that! I immerdiately went back & questioned him . He repeated it was a new machine & by this time I had started fuming. After a fewharsh words he conceded it had been used just once or twice b4. I demanded my money back & told him exactly where he could put his c4 which embarassed him in front of 2 other customers.
    I have done a fair bit of business with this guy & would have continued to domore in the future. The nerve of some ppl .
    The mower shop is in the Southern suburbs of Melb.
    Cheers Dean.

Default Re: Attempted rip off

good on ya you should name and shame him i had the same stunt happen to me by a ne suburb mower shop ripped me off but bad karma got him his shop burnt down

if he was up front & said it was a demo & good discount no problems - but this is just plain dodgy. what does he do to others. replace with second hand parts & charge for new. charge for repairs when not needed. he can't be trusted now.

Quote Originally Posted by redbackmowing
    if he was up front & said it was a demo & good discount no problems - but this is just plain dodgy. what does he do to others. replace with second hand parts & charge for new. charge for repairs when not needed. he can't be trusted now.
    Exactly!
    Cheers Dean.

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Exactly!
    Cheers Dean.
    exact same thing happened to me. I just didnt go back, but I did call to tell them to f off...

i had a problem just like this at a certian sth suburbs mower shop that i too have done a fair bit of business with,and there is a women working in the shop that trats you like an idiot.just not on i say.these are the same people that kept telling me warranty problems on a 3 month old mower were "wear and tear".

Same guy (lets just say he has a little trouble speaking english) once sold me an echo hedger head. Not really his fault but echo have 2 different shaped shaft heads, a square one & a star shaped one .Anyhow I took it back & tried to explain. His reply was, its good head, I give u good head . With a stern shake of the fingerI quickly replied.....................I dont think so!!!
    From that day on we have always referd to him as good head .
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Same guy (lets just say he has a little trouble speaking english) once sold me an echo hedger head. Not really his fault but echo have 2 different shaped shaft heads, a square one & a star shaped one .Anyhow I took it back & tried to explain. His reply was, its good head, I give u good head . With a stern shake of the fingerI quickly replied.....................I dont think so!!!
    From that day on we have always referd to him as good head .
    Cheers Dean.
    If it stopped working would you go back for a head job?

Quote Originally Posted by bradsmowing
    i had a problem just like this at a certian sth suburbs mower shop that i too have done a fair bit of business with,and there is a women working in the shop that trats you like an idiot.just not on i say.these are the same people that kept telling me warranty problems on a 3 month old mower were "wear and tear".
    i think i know the exact shop your talking about there bradsmowing. Many contractors have gone elsewhere.