Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: lawn robots ?

Default lawn robots ?

Guys.
    There is a serious growing trend in Europe with lawn Robots and its heading our way.These are remote lawn mowing machines which are guided around the yard with perimeter wire and when they need to re-charge they park themselves in a charging station and then start all over again 24/7 making the lawnie a bit redundant.

Husquvana are spending big bucks in this area and although the availability is a bit limited in Australia however the technology will get cheaper in the next couple of years making it viable for the average punter.The units retail anywhere between 2 and 6k and although there will always be room for us lawnies our income could be hurt badly in the near future.

We will have to be more diverse and or run with the technology of the future and work out ways to make $$$ out of it..I would not reach for a gun or jump off a cliff just yet but its worth keeping an eye on this fast growing market in europe and the UK.

Has anyone used or come across any of these.?? I know Husky are selling them here now and more are comming..There is a good article about them in the latest contractor landscape magazine.

Default Re: lawn robots ?

Like the robot vacuum cleaners... never seen one, I hope it stays that way with the robot lawnies. If it does however, we'll have to become the installers etc.

and it would only take one to go mad and cut up a few garden pets and we'll be back in business.

When you see one just nick it lol put it on your own lawn so you got more time to cut others .

I wouldnt worry about Robot mowers when they come up with real robots (i robot will smith )then get worried .

They make remote control lawnmowers as well .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knzA9iuVOdw

A commercial remote lawnmower
    http://www.evatech.net/
    see pic below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHMy...ayer_embedded# Mower pulls car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by administrator; 26-03-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wattle GC
    Guys.
    There is a serious growing trend in Europe with lawn Robots and its heading our way.These are remote lawn mowing machines which are guided around the yard with perimeter wire and when they need to re-charge they park themselves in a charging station and then start all over again 24/7 making the lawnie a bit redundant.

Husquvana are spending big bucks in this area and although the availability is a bit limited in Australia however the technology will get cheaper in the next couple of years making it viable for the average punter.The units retail anywhere between 2 and 6k and although there will always be room for us lawnies our income could be hurt badly in the near future.

We will have to be more diverse and or run with the technology of the future and work out ways to make $$$ out of it..I would not reach for a gun or jump off a cliff just yet but its worth keeping an eye on this fast growing market in europe and the UK.

Has anyone used or come across any of these.?? I know Husky are selling them here now and more are comming..There is a good article about them in the latest contractor landscape magazine.
    They have been around for a while the ones i seen have a solar panel on the top. thing is they go hit the wire and then turn you have to every now and then mow properly as they leave gaps and dont like high grass.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Hey what about those tracks for self propelled mowers, that should stop wheel spin in the wet... Arfa next mod?

Very Helpful Member

the newest one i've heard of is the bigmow by belrobotics it's supposed to do up to 20 ha [50 acres]
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Lawn Robots......Thats old news. Been around for 100's of years. Yes they are kept in by a wire fence and the recharge station is called a barn. They are called Sheep.

Cheers Rick