Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Suburbs you want work in.

Default Re: Suburbs you want work in.

Spreadsheet updated with your phone no. B2B

http://www.4shared.com/file/22174150..._List_QLD.html

There is a bit of a technical problem with overlapping data at the moment on the map...google are on to it and hope to have it fixed soon.

However Brisbane Backyards definately haven't taken over (today Brisbane, tomorrow the world?!? )

Check the map is logged in for you. Can you see an edit button on the left of your screen - near the map name and above the list of place markers? If not you'll need to log in - the id and password are a few posts back somewhere.

Then you zoom the map to your location, click on the placemarker icon and can add your details. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll set up the basic on for you and you can edit it with more details later.
    ~ Joanne ~

Link to maps please or is it back in forum further? You are a computer genius....
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Back to Basics you have been added .Now you can go in and edit .

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

You can view and edit this map at

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c7b69c40a43c06

The link should take you to the map already signed in but sometimes it seems to randomly log off, if that happens (there will be no edit button) use this email address [convert to normal email format as I don't want spambots getting a hold of this]... indimembers AT gmail DOT com to sign in to Google and edit the map.

The password it is indisunite (case sensitive).

The link should take you to the map, zoom to your location click on the Edit button and use the placemarker icon to add your placemark.

Add a placemark for your location and include as much or as little information as you like, from just your indi user name to full contact details. The choice is yours. If you edit it rich text format you can have different colours, fonts etc. Use the link function (looks like a chain) when putting in your web addy and it will become a hotlink directly back to your web page.

Further using the edit button on the placemarker box will allow you to nominate search terms that will maximise google hits.

Reminder - be patient with any jumble up of details, it's happening for all maps not just this one and Google are working on fixing it.

Apparently this bug is why Google is not updating the places at the moment too. When it's fixed, they apparently update every 5 minutes.
    ~ Joanne ~

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for all your effort in setting the map up, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers David

Thanks David and everyone else..I'm in danger of being crushed to death under the weight of my ever expanding head thanks to all you lot

As I said, happy to help in any way I can and this has actually been fun to learn.
    ~ Joanne ~

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Strange. I dont seem to be able to log in to it.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

All good I'm in

Wow, the map is coming along nicely and has over 3700 hits!

If I could just find the API that will allow postcode searches but Google is letting me down
    ~ Joanne ~

Hi Joanne

It is looking good. Found this on the net. You may have seen it. It is from a UK site but may give you a hint..
    http://www.tomanthony.co.uk/blog/geo...oogle-map-api/
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Well there are two more Indies in SA that I never knew of but I cannot find them on the forum. It may help to include a link to your forum profile. I included mine under the word ILMCOA where it says Member of ILMCOA
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Is there two different log ins to the page Joanne. I noticed that when I went in to edit my place mark it had been updated by "info" after the last time I had. I added some data and now is shows it was updated by "members". That seems to show two different logins to the page. Some place marks are still showing as updated by info ie the other 2 in SA.

Any ideas.
    Cheers

Bluey

lol....clicked on the info name and it turns out to be a Google Map for the Indie directory. Only problem is it has one place mark on it is centered in the Indian Ocean out near Cocos Is. Seems Indie is an offshore organisation
    Cheers

Bluey

Just had a look at my Google analytics. In the 5 days I have had my listing on the Indie map I have had a pretty good increase in referrals from it. It is now making up 5.29 % of all my referrals. This map combined with referrals from Indie's site make up 20% of all my referrals.

Not sure if this has helped it but my site traffic this month as increased overall by 28%.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Is there two different log ins to the page Joanne. I noticed that when I went in to edit my place mark it had been updated by "info" after the last time I had. I added some data and now is shows it was updated by "members". That seems to show two different logins to the page. Some place marks are still showing as updated by info ie the other 2 in SA.

Any ideas.
    There seemed to be a mystery collaborator called info, I don't remember setting that up, there should only be me (owner) and members. I have fixed that and also cranked up the security settings a tad.

So now any updated (other than done my me) will say last updated by members
    ~ Joanne ~

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast