Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest place to buy poison in bulk.

Default Cheapest place to buy poison in bulk.

Looking for the cheapest place to buy a 20 litre container of 540 Round Up in Victoria or a decent brand that works just as good. Got a price from a large hardware store that was close to $600 ouch.

Default Re: Cheapest place to but poison in bulk.

Will get back to you shortly, the missus has gone out & she knows what everything is worth . Im pretty sure! we pay alot less than that though.
    Cheers Dean.

She has returned. We pay $150 for a 20litre drum of Glyphosate 360 at Simplot, delavaland Rd Braeside.You could ring & ask about the 540.
    Cheers Dean.

scooby you must do a lot of spraying...We looked after two secondary colleges and 2 taberats plus heaps of other smaller premises and we use glyso 360 ...the only fall back is you have to make sure no raian for 6 hours but it does the trick..we used to use
    560 but why pay 40 buck plus a litre when you can get this for under 15 even 12 bucks a litre ...it does the same job has the active crap in both

there you go dean just beat me to it

Glyso 450 $220 free delevery....

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve
    Looking for the cheapest place to buy a 20 litre container of 540 Round Up in Victoria or a decent brand that works just as good. Got a price from a large hardware store that was close to $600 ouch.
    cheaper to buy brunnings glypho 360 at bunnings [ $17 p/ltr ] and mix at 150%[ $25.50 p/ltr] to give a mixed rate equivalent to 540 but even cheaper to buy it from deans supplier
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    scooby you must do a lot of spraying...We looked after two secondary colleges and 2 taberats plus heaps of other smaller premises and we use glyso 360 ...the only fall back is you have to make sure no raian for 6 hours but it does the trick..we used to use
    560 but why pay 40 buck plus a litre when you can get this for under 15 even 12 bucks a litre ...it does the same job has the active crap in both
    Yeah do a bit. The main reason i'm going back to the stronger stuff is sometimes you spray a large area and it rains 5 hours in which stuffs half of it but with the 2 hour time frame of the stronger stuff i'm not having to go back over it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    cheaper to buy brunnings glypho 360 at bunnings [ $17 p/ltr ] and mix at 150%[ $25.50 p/ltr] to give a mixed rate equivalent to 540 but even cheaper to buy it from deans supplier
    Ian how long after spraying can it rain when using the mix above?

Not far from there Dean will check them out thanks the replies one and all.

They say the photosific takes 6 hours for the plant to fully soak up the poison and after that time its safe to bring the animals back...

Very Helpful Member

scooby living in melbourne i haven't found rain after i spray a problem i actually have a theory that if there is any chance of rain and i spray it will rain but if i decide not to the clouds just blow on by
    i think the bottle say's 4 hours at the recommended rate which i usually use but it's rained within an hour or two of spraying and still given a good kill rate
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

scooby living in melbourne i haven't found rain after i spray a problem i actually have a theory that if there is any chance of rain and i spray it will rain but if i decide not to the clouds just blow on by
    i think the bottle say's 4 hours at the recommended rate which i usually use but it's rained within an hour or two of spraying and still given a good kill rate
    I find the same Ian, want to make it rain do a large spraying job works just about everytime.

Just add 10mm of Vegetable oil per litre of roundup mixture and it can rain within the hour and you will have a good kill, or a few drops of dishwashing liquid work well to.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS
    Just add 10mm of Vegetable oil per litre of roundup mixture and it can rain within the hour and you will have a good kill, or a few drops of dishwashing liquid work well to.

Was just about to say the same thing. Also, add some red food dye so you know where you have been

Jay

I don't think it works that way, no matter your dilution rate, even 150%, it wont have the strength of 490 or 540, thats why its more expensive (but I could be wrong(again!!))

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast