Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tip fees

Hybrid View

Default Tip fees

Hi All,

Have the day off, first day of school for my little man

With charging customers tip fees......say i do someones garden and fill a 1/5 of the trailer and i do that for the next 4 customers and i have a full trailer, do you guys charge $10 here, $20 there to these customers so you don't get to the end of the day and have a full trailer and have to pay out of your own pocket??

Hope all that made sense, i know what i mean

Cheers

Jay
    Silkwood Garden Care
    Areas we service are:
    Blackburn, Blackburn South, Burwood East, Burwood, Mt Waverly, Glen Waverley

Default Re: Tip fees

i dump it all in their green bin

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

Our tip fees are 10 per trailer so i charge around whatever i never pay out of my own pocket so to speak

Charge it on. I ask when quoting what the client would like done with the waste etc. Most have green bins so I fill that, I also advertise clippping collection and charge it out per job, the smallest I've done was $30, took less than 15minutes to collect it and then it was $7.80 (from memory) at the tip.

Gekko, not sure which tip you use but I've found I get charged a different amount each time at the Ferntree Gully Road tip. They display their cost at $15.30 per sqm, so work on that plus that again for each trip.

Big bins (12 cubic m) can cost up to $400+ delivered and collected so for a huge clean up it might be worth arranging that??

First day of school for my little man too! Half day for me.

I charge about $20 per bale bag of rubbish, or if its large branches or something bulky like that I just charge about $70 or so if its anywhere up to about half full.

We always try to use their green waste bin , but if u have to take it away u should charge 4 it.
    Enviromx Keysborough, $9.90 per m3.
    Cheers Dean.

heads up..Envorimix dingley not taking contractors anymore.....WTF i dumped friday nothing said and today they said we re closed for contractors,,,,,so you can go to westal ( vestal rd near centre rd ) at 40 bucks a metre ...i am going to a place on the western port hwy on my way home 15 bucks a ute load....juts saying

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    heads up..Envorimix dingley not taking contractors anymore.....WTF i dumped friday nothing said and today they said we re closed for contractors,,,,,so you can go to westal ( vestal rd near centre rd ) at 40 bucks a metre ...i am going to a place on the western port hwy on my way home 15 bucks a ute load....juts saying
    Dumped there today (Westall rd) & they are closing on Sunday.
    Asked why ? Non compliant & it would take 2million to make it compliant.
    So where to now ?
    Its getting harder & harder but unfortunately the increased costs will need to be passed on ...........

Cheers Fred.

No f#$%^king way !
    Im screwed !
    Thanx for the heads up Geoff.
    So, they wouldn't even take your load today ?

Cheers Fred.

does anyone use the council green waste bins, our council has no restriction on how many you can have.

I think it would be a cheap and easy option if i lost my current arrangement.

fortnightly pickup i would need 12 200ltr Green bins annual Fee's @ $80 a year each = $960 that's less than $20 a week

Save me time and time is money.
    i wouldn't have to drive anywhere just home at the end of the day, i wouldn't have to unload grass, just wheel them of and on and to the kerb fortnightly

Mate where I'm living (Leumeah NSW) That's all I/we/some ever use.

What about having a big garden bag at home - does anyone do that? Surely you could work out a better rate with the supplier and have 2+ bags, they know they're going to get business from you and with multiple bags it's good for them because they don't have to drive all over the place... I've been thinking about that myself recently.

I used to be able to get away using customers green bins (or even my own rubbish and green bins) but sometimes there's no way around it, PITA when you need to go to the tip just for 40kg worth of bulky nuisance trimmings (not just grass but plants, shrubs, trees etc.)

So Queensland is going to have a $70 per tonne waste levy.

How much are the tip fees going to increase by?

What's the rate around your area?
    It's 175 /t at Brooklyn Cleanaway transfer station with a min of (I think) 65 for up to 300kgs green

Hard waste is about 50 /t more with min 75

I received a text message several months ago from a place in Campbellfield (Think??) Stating 50 bux per load flat rate... not bad but too far for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    What's the rate around your area?
    It's 175 /t at Brooklyn Cleanaway transfer station with a min of (I think) 65 for up to 300kgs green

Hard waste is about 50 /t more with min 75

I received a text message several months ago from a place in Campbellfield (Think??) Stating 50 bux per load flat rate... not bad but too far for me
    $50 per load flat rate ? what about if I hire a big truck & come in with 25m3 ?
    Sounds like Krammer & Newman crunching the numbers for the interstate can run .... .

Cheers Fred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast