Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip fees

Default Tip fees

Hi All,

Have the day off, first day of school for my little man

With charging customers tip fees......say i do someones garden and fill a 1/5 of the trailer and i do that for the next 4 customers and i have a full trailer, do you guys charge $10 here, $20 there to these customers so you don't get to the end of the day and have a full trailer and have to pay out of your own pocket??

Hope all that made sense, i know what i mean

Cheers

Jay
    Silkwood Garden Care
    Areas we service are:
    Blackburn, Blackburn South, Burwood East, Burwood, Mt Waverly, Glen Waverley

Default Re: Tip fees

i dump it all in their green bin

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

Our tip fees are 10 per trailer so i charge around whatever i never pay out of my own pocket so to speak

Charge it on. I ask when quoting what the client would like done with the waste etc. Most have green bins so I fill that, I also advertise clippping collection and charge it out per job, the smallest I've done was $30, took less than 15minutes to collect it and then it was $7.80 (from memory) at the tip.

Gekko, not sure which tip you use but I've found I get charged a different amount each time at the Ferntree Gully Road tip. They display their cost at $15.30 per sqm, so work on that plus that again for each trip.

Big bins (12 cubic m) can cost up to $400+ delivered and collected so for a huge clean up it might be worth arranging that??

First day of school for my little man too! Half day for me.

I charge about $20 per bale bag of rubbish, or if its large branches or something bulky like that I just charge about $70 or so if its anywhere up to about half full.

We always try to use their green waste bin , but if u have to take it away u should charge 4 it.
    Enviromx Keysborough, $9.90 per m3.
    Cheers Dean.

actually dingley dean now 12 a, m3 they put it up by 2 bucks..down the road i took a ute and trailer load to the clayton tip and was charges 88 bucks ..

There was a whole thread devoted to this last year but I cannot find it now???
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    actually dingley dean now 12 a, m3 they put it up by 2 bucks..down the road i took a ute and trailer load to the clayton tip and was charges 88 bucks ..
    Hi Geoff, Keysborough/ Dingley, Tomayto/Tomato .
    They must have put it up since I was last in there. Actually it was proly on the cards .
    Hard rubbish............I dont want to touch it. I have a tip truck & I wreckon its cheaper to hire a skip.
    Got junk 1800 charge nearly $100/m3................ nice guy .
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves
    Hi Geoff, Keysborough/ Dingley, Tomayto/Tomato .
    They must have put it up since I was last in there. Actually it was proly on the cards .
    Hard rubbish............I dont want to touch it. I have a tip truck & I wreckon its cheaper to hire a skip.
    Got junk 1800 charge nearly $100/m3................ nice guy .
    Cheers Dean.
    yeh i won't touch full loads of hard rubbish either after burning the clutch on a car. skip bin is the way to go.

weeds & pruning were possible i'll put it in their bins. otherwise built into quote or hourly rate plus rubbish fee.

Very Helpful Member

city of whitehorse on burwood hwy in vermont sth charge $100 per tonne for hard rubbish min $50 and $50 per tonne for green waste with a min of $35
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

I have a place where i dump my rubbish for free and the guy then turns it into mulch the dump here charges a fortune. It does however take about an hour of time by the time you drive to the dump and unload and get back to work again so i charge $60 for a load to go to the dump.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

dean mate that 1800 junk is going gangbusters , they floging 24 radio adds and everyone of my cutomers are talking about them..they use a tip truck and two men....max charge for a truck is 800 bucks full load ...thats 11 cu metres...for a chest of draws cupboard . a customer was charged 120 bucks , another customers was charged 280 for a couch and a little cupboard...with the advertising they are emphasing we load bit and it seems to work...now 800 bucks for a truck load is great money or is it??
    Tip fee would be what 300 bcucks at the clayton tip ...two men still i guess if you had a few a day it would be ok..most of the good money would be collecting little loads of each customer
    this link give you an idea of how they charge http://www.1800gotjunk.com.au/au_en/..._we_price.aspx

Very Helpful Member

looking at the estimate pics they charge an extra $48 for the difference between a 1/4 and 1/3 but this is a mattress which costs an extra $16 to dump at whitehorse so an extra $32 profit to throw on a mattress also everything they show for 1/3 trailer give me 1/2 hour with an axe and it's in my trailer and only costing me about $66 dollars and that's including the mattress there charging $375 so good money if you ask me
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Man I did a quote the other day 3 big heaps of pawn frown and a huge boggin villa to job down I said 80 bucks brthers and he said I will give you a call never herd back I thouth that was a GOOD DEAL...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast