Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip fees

Default Re: Tip fees

What about having a big garden bag at home - does anyone do that? Surely you could work out a better rate with the supplier and have 2+ bags, they know they're going to get business from you and with multiple bags it's good for them because they don't have to drive all over the place... I've been thinking about that myself recently.

I used to be able to get away using customers green bins (or even my own rubbish and green bins) but sometimes there's no way around it, PITA when you need to go to the tip just for 40kg worth of bulky nuisance trimmings (not just grass but plants, shrubs, trees etc.)

So Queensland is going to have a $70 per tonne waste levy.

How much are the tip fees going to increase by?

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    heads up..Envorimix dingley not taking contractors anymore.....WTF i dumped friday nothing said and today they said we re closed for contractors,,,,,so you can go to westal ( vestal rd near centre rd ) at 40 bucks a metre ...i am going to a place on the western port hwy on my way home 15 bucks a ute load....juts saying
    Dumped there today (Westall rd) & they are closing on Sunday.
    Asked why ? Non compliant & it would take 2million to make it compliant.
    So where to now ?
    Its getting harder & harder but unfortunately the increased costs will need to be passed on ...........

Cheers Fred.

What's the rate around your area?
    It's 175 /t at Brooklyn Cleanaway transfer station with a min of (I think) 65 for up to 300kgs green

Hard waste is about 50 /t more with min 75

I received a text message several months ago from a place in Campbellfield (Think??) Stating 50 bux per load flat rate... not bad but too far for me

$101 per/t here, $24 for ute/trailer

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Still free here.
    There's changes to commercial waste fees coming in July, but no mention of Green waste, so fingers crossed.

Very Helpful Member

just be aware when the tip fee says something like $120 per tonne with a $50 minimum up to 500kg I went to the tip and looked at the weigh bridge on the way in and thought I would come in at 500-520kg so when I had unloaded I put a couple of large logs in when i went through the weigh bridge on the way out I came in at 490kg and it cost me $50.00 a couple of visits earlier I hadn't checked and I weighed in at 520kg and it cost me $62.40 an extra $12.40 because of the extra 20 kg
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Most annoying thing to pay to dispose of is wet grass clippings.... can cost a fortune and its all water weight. Last week at Brooklyn Cleanaway there was about 10 goats having a feast on all the green waste..... shouldn't that be free to dump if it's just to feed the goats .... happiest goats I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Most annoying thing to pay to dispose of is wet grass clippings.... can cost a fortune and its all water weight. Last week at Brooklyn Cleanaway there was about 10 goats having a feast on all the green waste..... shouldn't that be free to dump if it's just to feed the goats .... happiest goats I've ever seen
    Quick solution ... you need (access to) a couple of goats (or other non fussy grass eaters).

Yer, will have to go back to a place thats actually closer for me but remember in the past (many yrs ago) it didn't work out too well.
    I rang & asked how much for green waste & they replied, $35/m3.
    Only slightly higher than the place that just closed at $30/m3.
    Not a big diff in cost but I need to strike up a good rapport not only for the sake of the judgement of the load but, Im pretty much running out of these facilities that are feasibly close.
    Lucky my tip frequency on average now is only about once a month.

I still think that weight is the more accurate method but, then how would I charge the customer? ....lol.

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    What's the rate around your area?
    It's 175 /t at Brooklyn Cleanaway transfer station with a min of (I think) 65 for up to 300kgs green

Hard waste is about 50 /t more with min 75

I received a text message several months ago from a place in Campbellfield (Think??) Stating 50 bux per load flat rate... not bad but too far for me
    $50 per load flat rate ? what about if I hire a big truck & come in with 25m3 ?
    Sounds like Krammer & Newman crunching the numbers for the interstate can run .... .

Cheers Fred.

It might have said trailer... will see if I can find sms
    If they process it ... they probably avoid epa levies etc?

Lastest fees for Gold Coast tips - July 2019
    GCCC_0001.pdf

What a Nightmare the new QLD waste levy has caused. I went to my local, not even to dump anything, just to go to the local waste recycling shop with my kids. And had the gates shut on me by traffic control. Got told there was atleast a 60 min wait to even get to the turn off not even 60mts up the driveway and a 90min wait to get to the weigh bridge, all because of this stupid levy thing and having to weigh every load that comes in and leaves, including domestic household waste from residential owners etc.

This is going to cause so much roadside dumping, as people will not wait those times to dump their rubbish. We already have a major issue in out local state forestry already, AND now they bring this stupid idea in.

I am glad that I do have a eco property owner that allows me to dispose of my green-waste (for a very small fee compared to the Tip).

If anyone around the Moreton Shire wants my Green-waste disposals contact details you are more than welcome to message me privately. They also take clean waste (dirt etc) no concrete, and timber (no nails though).

My rant over
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Same procedure here since Sunday djkgrounds, but we don't have the numbers of vehicles here.
    Every vehicle gets weighed in & weighed out again, but only one weighbridge. Mixed loads of rubbish have to get weighed several times as they dump each category of rubbish, joining the inbound queue every time.
    Only commercial/industrial waste gets charged a fee at this stage, so we haven't had to weigh at all before.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast