Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: People are unbelievable!

Default Re: People are unbelievable!

My Dad told once told me people with the million dollar houses and big flash cars are the biggest pains in the arse to mow for and the hardest ones to get a payment out of i never understood what he meant as i were only about 9 and my thinking was wow they would pay my dad so much haha, now at 29 i know firsthand what he meant haha Not all but some like to look down on us lawnies

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    I sense a pattern forming with the some of the wealthier folks in our community s
    Thats why they've got money

I had a call on Sunday for a job, wasn't doing much by the arvo so decided to go and have a look at it. Was a townhouse, mow the front, back and nature strip. Not a huge amount of lawn but was knee high in spots, gave them my price and got that blank stare that we are all used to

She then starts the sympathy routine, her mum is sick, they dont have much money blah blah blah could I do it for $25.00 I actually laughed because it was so laughable and told her I'd go broke if I dropped my price every time a client said they had no money. I ended up thanking her for the call and walked away but deep down was boiling with frustration and anger.

Rich pricks **** me! I have found that it's generally those who work hard for their money who appreciate what we do. They may negotiate a little but the price settled on is generally a fair one for both parties. I usually quote a little higher than my expected price with these and usually still get a good price and regular work. For many of the upper class snobs money is the most important thing in life. It comes before family, friends and everything else normal people value. For the working class like us you can't put a price on good relaxing time with the family. It's those people who don't mind paying the money for the work we do because it frees up their time so they can do the things they want to do. That is the kind of service we provide. It's not just lawnmowing. So as far as i am concerned, those rich f..ks can keep their precious f..king money because i am above working for people like that!

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

uni students give me the sh1ts as well. they look down on us like "im so goin to be so much better than you" and act arrogant. plus they usually go by paying with "centrelink" percentage or what they think is worth as if you are getting the same pay as they do to do the same, which is $6.65 at maccas or something.

i went around to quote for this uni bums house around the corner from mine/ grass was taller than me. he was tryin to downplay how bad it really was yet he needs it done as they move out in a few days and inspected. he was saying oh the great thing is that theres nothing under all that grass. i tripped over a drain and got tangled in old clothes. he mustve been thinking i was more worried about hidden car bodies, old mowers and bikes. i told him even if they agreed for 200 which is half i would like to get, i would probably take my time to do the work. he said ohh for 200 ill ask my flat mates. then i sortve got annoyed cos its like 50 each which is a damn bargain.

and i had a run in with this idiot a few weeks ago. the old "only guy in a house full of girls" syndrome where he tried hard to be the man and only resulted in me wanting to punch him in his fat head. if he wants to be a man then do what a man does. not act like a barbie girl

Fairdinkim i reckon you hit the nail on the head great post

Well my town today got a huge dumping of rain from last night to during the day and to now. Whilst radar shows another big dump is within the hr.
    We have creeks in town flooded over roads, roundabouts under water and my wife had police instructed diversions to get home.

But one client who lives on a very steep hill side excavated site, was disppointed that I had to postpone a full site clean up. Saying that the rain wasn't much???
    Cheers Garry

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112