Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blower problem

Default Re: blower problem

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    not realy i didnt notice any diffrence in noise i also found it runs smoother but with out the bolt its loud , brother just jambs screwdriver through his , i cut the end off the mesh and flair open the hole , i prefer it that way so if realy dry and nasty weather can just grab a pair of plyers and refold the end off the mesh back over ..just thought if your worried about noise cut the mesh then if its loud refold but it wont be ...
    cheer
    sounds like a plan to me, thanks.
    just surprised the screen inst bigger so it wont clog as easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    sounds like a plan to me, thanks.
    just surprised the screen inst bigger so it wont clog as easily!
    well the screen is designed to stop sparks etc from coming out ..
    = spark arester screen but i find on brushcutter , chainsaw , etc no problem but pain in the arse on the blower dont know why same engines fuel etc , was talking a long time ago to local mate in mower shop he said thay offten put a cap on the end of the blower tube after service and run them full throtal for about 5minutes like that as the extra revs helps clear the crap out { next time u have the blower running open up to full revs and listen , then while running at those revs put your hand over the end of blower tube after a cupple seconds you will hear the revs pick up a lot as with no air going through the impella it takes the drag off the engine .. so i took his advice at least once a day when on a job i just put my hand over the end tube and run it full throtal for a minute or so as i walk around never had and problems with carbon or coke build up ????

Unless your operating in fire danger areas pull it out and run opti 2. If you don't want to pull it out or take it off you can easily clean it by heating it up red hot (the screen) under a blow torch and blowing the crap out with compressed air. I pulled mine off completely as it was a pain but that was before I went to Opti 2
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Well cleaned it out and was all good today. If it blocks up again Ill remove the mesh. Tried the "cover the tube" trick and revs definitely pick up so see what happens next month

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    hey chris i just took the bolt out that has the wire mesh atached to it then cut the end off the mesh off with a pair of side cutters then put the bolt back in - u still have the mesh there and if need be arises it can be refolded back over its self ... hope that makes sense , or option 2 is just push a screwdriver through the mesh to make a big hole
    cheers
    Ended up doing this, much better and wont be clogging up again. As you say can always be folded back over itself

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Unless your operating in fire danger areas pull it out and run opti 2. If you don't want to pull it out or take it off you can easily clean it by heating it up red hot (the screen) under a blow torch and blowing the crap out with compressed air. I pulled mine off completely as it was a pain but that was before I went to Opti 2
    What other equipment have you tried opti 2 in Bluey and what sort of results?

Im with Bluey, use opti2 on all our 2 strokes & have for years.
    Low carbon build up being the main reason.
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    What other equipment have you tried opti 2 in Bluey and what sort of results?

I run Opti 2 in all my 2 strokes although the Pope blower didn't like it but I mixed some up at 80:1 and it had no probs with that. My mower bloke swears by Opti 2 and he put me onto it after I went to him about my Sthil blower playing up. Showed me that it was the screen blocked up and told me why.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12