Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Radio earmuffs

Default Radio earmuffs

Who else uses them? Ive tried both Peltors & Unitunes.
    The Peltors seem clerarer but the Unitunes seem to last longer, neither are cheap!
    Like other regular earmuffs, u dont seem to notice the rain too much unless its heavy, but they,ll cook your head in the heat .
    Cheers Dean.

Default Re: Radio earmuffs

I hate ear muffs. Can't wear a hat and being a bluey I need to wear a hat all the time. They fall off and you sweat and you look a di*k. I just use those yellow foam ear plugs
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Never will. Like to here the sound of the equipment. Like I always tell my wife if you've got the radio blaring in the car all the time how are you going to know if something doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    I hate ear muffs. Can't wear a hat and being a bluey I need to wear a hat all the time. They fall off and you sweat and you look a di*k. I just use those yellow foam ear plugs

Good one Bluey, but dont tell me u wear those little *** sock protector thingies, I,d rather mow in bare feet than be seen in a pair of those .
    Cheers Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamandeves

Good one Bluey, but dont tell me u wear those little *** sock protector thingies, I,d rather mow in bare feet than be seen in a pair of those .
    Cheers Dean.
    Nah mate I wear long trousers all year round. No need to protect me socks. But my missus reckons the world needs protecting from me socks at the end of a long hot day.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I use on of the those Redback hats with the cut outs for ear muffs, not a problem plus has the back of the neck cover as well for when I am gardening. If not I use earplugs.

Hey Glen if you don't wear something to protect your hearing you will be hearing a ringing in your ears when you get older. Got a couple of mates who never wore ear plugs or muffs using machinery and now they have a constant ringing in their ears and are partially deaf to boot.

What David said, also all earmuffs are designed to reduce not eliminate noise. The radio earmuffs also have a limited max volume 4 this reason. Sometimes we run our hedgecutters 4 hours on end, earmuffs are essential (at least 4 your sanity), & the boredom......oh the boredom! .
    Cheers Dean.

I quietly listen to the radio on my phone with a head set and wear earmuffs. I find that beats the boredom and if the station isn't matching the mood, one press and onto another one.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS
    Hey Glen if you don't wear something to protect your hearing you will be hearing a ringing in your ears when you get older. Got a couple of mates who never wore ear plugs or muffs using machinery and now they have a constant ringing in their ears and are partially deaf to boot.
    Gday David

Sorry I might have sent the wrong message. I always wear earmuffs just wouldn't have music playing through them. When I was in my old career used to get guys working for me who would have music blaring through those ipod things with earmuffs over the top. There was once or twice I saw them doing something dangerous, would yell out to them and they would not hear a thing I said.

I use Noise Cancelling Headphones there great you can just put them in like ear plugs and they block the noise of the tools (and pita`s) while you can listen to the radio...and can wear a wide brim hat..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

i use ear plugs and muffs at the same time always have my old mans got the ringing in the ears at age 50 and he works in a office he also works with veterans that have bad hearing and ringing not many good stories how thats ended up so yeh i sometimes do use my mp3 player with my ear muffs when using my rideon mower

I love it when the customers start talking to you and the mower is going and you have earmuffs on.

Husquavana make a good pair of radio ear muffs..Bit pricey (about $80.00) but they are excellent..

Quote Originally Posted by Wattle GC
    Husquavana make a good pair of radio ear muffs..Bit pricey (about $80.00) but they are excellent..
    I got a set of these and have had them for 5 years now.They are Peltor's so you can get replacement foams and seals.

Can't remember how much they were though.

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast