I had howard leight earmuff headphones for $50 a pop. then both got stolen. For some reason the headband sits on top of my hat tight on the button and annoys the hell out of me.

The problem with that set up was that the 3.5mm aux cord would deteriorate very quickly from the sweat and movement and the sound quality (if you actually have sound some days). Plus the sweat channels straight into your phone and ruins it.

So I had a some old behind the ear peltor earmuffs that doesn't press on top of my head and installed helmet speakers from ebay about $10 a pair. The plug deteriorated quickly so I bought and replaced the plug with a solid one but the sweat ate through it.

Soooo...I got me one of those Bluetooth receivers to hardline into the speakers. You can get them from ebay or kmart but tricky to find the right ones. The battery gets abused if you use them 8hrs a day 5 days a week, so get one you can charge on the go or just replace them every couple of months.

So for maybe $40 to $50 you can get yourself a decent BLUETOOTH unit, just need to be handy with the electronic stuff and youtube/google tutorials. My advice is, get a crappy phone with decent storage and battery life and that will be your main music player and just leave your phone all sealed up not getting wet. I'm sure you can pick up an oldie for $100 with a tough case. The beauty with Bluetooth is its all sealed with no water, dirt or sweat ruining your device.

Also get a battery bank from ebay. The brand Romoss is great for about $30.