Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which phone best for you

Default Which phone best for you

Have had since starting over 2 years ago 4 phones. I find that the sweat from my face must stuff them up. If still under warrenty and you get it sent if indicators show water ingress not only wont telstra fix it under warrenty buy charge you $45 for the inconvienience of having a look at it. Bloody crooks. Anyway lashed out and bought the new tradies phone (T90). So far so good. Always just had el' cheapo's prior.
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man

Default Re: Which phone best for you

Quote Originally Posted by mowjoman
    Have had since starting over 2 years ago 4 phones. I find that the sweat from my face must stuff them up. If still under warrenty and you get it sent if indicators show water ingress not only wont telstra fix it under warrenty buy charge you $45 for the inconvienience of having a look at it. Bloody crooks. Anyway lashed out and bought the new tradies phone (T90). So far so good. Always just had el' cheapo's prior.
    Have the Iphone just on 9 months has a protective cover its a great phone love the live weather radar and over all just a good phone

Have the iphone too. Brilliant piece of kit. Like rob says the live weather is great. Can check emails, easily write notes on the go for customer requests and jobs or add them to the calendar and then sync it all up with the laptop when I get home. Play games in the ute when there is a shower passing, takes good pics of jobs you've just done, very happy with it.

Nokia sports phones, 5140i and forget what the other one is. Tough as but the better one doesn't have bluetooth. It does have compass, level, thermometer and decible reader though.

Just bought the new Nokia tradie phone..This can go underwater and you can hit it with a golf club..Had it 5 months and its ended up in the drink 4 times and has been run over with no problems..

Quote Originally Posted by Wattle GC
    Just bought the new Nokia tradie phone..This can go underwater and you can hit it with a golf club..Had it 5 months and its ended up in the drink 4 times and has been run over with no problems..
    Sounds like the kind of phone I need, only question is does it find it's own way home when you lose it out on a bender?

Hey do any of you guys with the iphone have/use the ICCpay app???

I just read that it allows you to use your phone like a credit card terminal and it's $43.99... what's the catch? or is it as simple as it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wattle GC

This sounds like just what I need WGC. I have killed countless phones. Does this have bluetooth and a camera. I need both.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B

I just read that it allows you to use your phone like a credit card terminal and it's $43.99... what's the catch? or is it as simple as it should be?

It costs you Andy. From what I understand lots of things are available on the iphone but it costs you to use a lot of the apps. Plus there is no way it would stand up to the hammering I give phones.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    It costs you Andy. From what I understand lots of things are available on the iphone but it costs you to use a lot of the apps. Plus there is no way it would stand up to the hammering I give phones.
    You and me both Bluey.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B

The fee for the program is a one off $43.99. But to use it you have to have an internet merchant account or an account with a payment gateway (securepay or eway) I think they all have a yearly subscription and cost per transaction.

Whether or not it works out cheaper or more practical than an eftpos machine through the banks I don't know, you'll have to work out the numbers yourself

I still have a Telstra Brick FTE 158, that I bought 3 years ago, it has been swimming, run over by a bobcat and a few rideon's, dropped, kicked covered with mud and had to be hosed down and even thrown. Still keeps working, battery is still the original and lasts for 3 days before it needs charging. It frightens the living daylights out of people and myself when it rings, I have it set for outdoor with AC DC Highway to Hell as the ring tone, it gets a few comments.

Has anyone used the motorola defy? I hear its a tough smartphone for the tradie although Ive been getting mixed reviews

HTC Desire HD. Great Phone! I now use gmail calendar for my schedule and sync it to my phone. Awesome!

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Sonim XP3, 3 year unconditional replacement warranty. throw it against a brick wall, put it through the wash and still keeps going. if it does happen to break just take it back, they will replace it with out any questions asked.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast