Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which phone best for you

Default Re: Which phone best for you

My Motorola Defy+ has been playing up for a while. Had to put it on speaker to hear anything & my voice was then hard to understand.
    So I thought I'd put the sim into an old Nokia as I don't use the fancy stuff much anyway.

Well, one text sent without the touch screen, and I was in the Telstra shop.
    Got myself a Telstra Tough Max. Geez they are getting big again. Might be a good thing with my old bulbs fading lately.

I love my old Nokia brick phone.
    It's really funny watching the kids try to send a text on it.
    Even funnier watching them try to turn it on by swiping the screen.
    It doesn't need a case or screen protector - it's a brick
    It doesn't need waterproofing - if you drown it ya just leave it on the dashboard in the sun for a while
    It runs a week on a single charge, you can hear it ring over the whippy/mower and it rattles your teeth on vibrate.
    But most importantly- it does as it's bloody told. (instead of throwing tantrums after getting the latest update and telling YOU what it's going to do regardless of what you want)
    Currently surviving over 10 years of neglect and will most likely still be plodding on when the rest of you have gone through another dozen girly phones.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    I love my old Nokia brick phone.
    It's really funny watching the kids try to send a text on it.
    Even funnier watching them try to turn it on by swiping the screen.
    It doesn't need a case or screen protector - it's a brick
    It doesn't need waterproofing - if you drown it ya just leave it on the dashboard in the sun for a while
    It runs a week on a single charge, you can hear it ring over the whippy/mower and it rattles your teeth on vibrate.
    But most importantly- it does as it's bloody told. (instead of throwing tantrums after getting the latest update and telling YOU what it's going to do regardless of what you want)
    Currently surviving over 10 years of neglect and will most likely still be plodding on when the rest of you have gone through another dozen girly phones.
    And the screen doesn't break when you sit on it (like I did to my smart phone the first day I had it). Can you still buy batteries for old bricks when they no longer hold charge? The thing I couldn't do without on the smart phone is the contacts database and how it allows you to search for a contact and then with one touch bring up the address location on a map.

Update on my mobile. I got the iphone5s. got a contractors case on it. water resistant, shock proof and drop proof. so far so good. ive dropped it at least 3 times a week. hedge trimmers hitting it inside my pocket when im on a ladder and rain... Still works a treat.
    I run my business on the mobile. so i need the fancy stuff.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    Update on my mobile. I got the iphone5s. got a contractors case on it. water resistant, shock proof and drop proof. so far so good. ive dropped it at least 3 times a week. hedge trimmers hitting it inside my pocket when im on a ladder and rain... Still works a treat.
    I run my business on the mobile. so i need the fancy stuff.
    gotta agree even this old man goes with technology i have the iphone 6 does all for me have the tradie case ,does my emails invoices..even tells me when the customer has paid through an alert,, etc couldn't do with out it...my first phone in 1988 was a telstra brick and it was the size of a brick..then went for power with the transportable ,the size of a lap top computor... lol smart phones in business really are essential the number of times i receive an email quote request and i can reply straight away ..my major customers are always emailing for extra work and love the fact i can respond within mins ...have to go with the flow to survive

Damn apple have stuffed me up. I had to update the iPhone but now my computer is too old to update the latest version of iTunes. So now I'm going to android.
    Anyone know about Telstra Tough Max
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

How's the Telstra Tough Max going?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    My Motorola Defy+ has been playing up for a while. Had to put it on speaker to hear anything & my voice was then hard to understand.
    So I thought I'd put the sim into an old Nokia as I don't use the fancy stuff much anyway.

Well, one text sent without the touch screen, and I was in the Telstra shop.
    Got myself a Telstra Tough Max. Geez they are getting big again. Might be a good thing with my old bulbs fading lately.

I have been eyeing these off, there a lot of good reviews on them:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191599564...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Also now considering one of these:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LG118-Wat...id=p5731.m3795
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

How's the Telstra Tough Max going?
    I'm not a big user of all the features, but it goes ok. I've dropped it several times and it hasn't broken.
    I used to be able to fumble my way around my old android phones, but this one doesn't seem to be as straightforward. Still have to look up the user manual. That might be more me than the phone though.

I often hit the switch to look at the time, and instead of going back to sleep, it often starts doing its own thing in my pocket. It'll ring people up, look up websites etc . I thought it had In Pocket detection, but I cant find it.

Damn apple have stuffed me up. I had to update the iPhone but now my computer is too old to update the latest version of iTunes. So now I'm going to android.
    Anyone know about Telstra Tough Max
    You should have an icloud account right? You should be able to back up to that and update without even plugging into the computer. That was a change apple made some time ago.

I'm thinking of getting one of these for the awesome battery, features and price http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015XIHS62

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one of these for the awesome battery, features and price http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015XIHS62
    Looks really good value for dollar. Only problem I see is the USA charger (easily fixed with an adapter though). I have a Telstra Dave and found it to be a general POS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345