Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which phone best for you

Default Re: Which phone best for you

Got to say been using the Iphone for 2 years and its a winner for me, the calendar syncs with mine at home and online so all my jobs updated, all customer info and access to emails and of course Tom Tom for street navigation!

I also use iCal for all my diary/scheduleing needs.

We just went through the exercise of replacing my main cell phone. You can't even buy tradies phones over here in Kiwiland anymore. No one sells them, 'course we pretty much only have 3 carriers; Vodafone, Telecom & 2 degrees. So we ended up going with the cheapest toughest throw away Nokia we could get, $50 on trademe.
    Not very hi tech I know but it does what we need.

After 3 buggered bloody iPhones with Optus, ( Hardly any coverage) I went to Telstra. And they gave me this phone called a Motorola Defy.?????
    Aparrently they drop this mobile into water and throw it down to test how tough it is???
    I don't care. I just needed a bloody mobile ...
    Does anyone know anything about these mobiles?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

I got a Nokia C5-03 for about $240 outright. not such a big target in the top pocket as an Iphone or the like. Does everything i want it to do as i'm not hung up on all the fancy **** that phones do.It's touch screen and my 4 year old can use it. I'm through TPG which uses Optus and costs me a total of $19 a month. I get just under $300 talk and text and 1 gig of data. Cheap as and i never use all the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    After 3 buggered bloody iPhones with Optus, ( Hardly any coverage) I went to Telstra. And they gave me this phone called a Motorola Defy.?????
    Aparrently they drop this mobile into water and throw it down to test how tough it is???
    I don't care. I just needed a bloody mobile ...
    Does anyone know anything about these mobiles?
    Yeah mate I've had a defy for about 12 months no problems as yet. I have never had a phone last 2 years so hopefully this one will. I did buy one of those silicon skins for it

Iv'e had my defy since June no prolems as yet water resistant shock proof dropped it twice still working i bought a leather case for extra protection my last phone had condensation on the screen & stuffed the mother board also find coverage good & easy to use

Tom

Cool guys.
    glad to hear im not the only one with a defy.
    how do you keep a callendar updated on it?
    i need to put jobs in a callendar
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

My current basic phone is almost shagged and without going into great detail, looks like a smartphone would be an economical replacement.

The plan (Telstra) includes 2GB of data which I don't think I would use through the phone, but I've heard you can use the phone as a modem for the home lappie/pc.

Has anybody done this?
    My home internet connection is NextG wireless with good performance so the normal pitfalls of wireless broadband shouldn't worry me here.

2 GB isn't much these days for home use, you need to be careful you won't go over and get charged heaps because you are using your phone as a modem. I have had an iphone for 2 years now and didn't think I would use data away from home, but I use it all the time. I look up the weather radar to see how close the rain is, I look up new addresses and use the yellow pages just to name a few.

hi GCM, My home broadband plan is only 3 GB/mth and I've never been close to shaped, so not a heavy internet user.

I was even thinking of downgrading my home plan if I could use the phone data

I just upgraded to the iPhone5 from the old 3GS,love it.
    Only cost me a few bucks a month more than what I pay now and I ended up with a bigger cap as well.I was thinking of buying one outright but it is actually cheaper to get them on a plan these days.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Guys with the Motorola defy...
    I droped my mobile and smashed the screen. Telstra wont replace it. Not covered under any warrananty.
    I replaced the screene for around $20 . Looked on youtube for instructions to replace the digitizer and screene... Too easy. Took me 20 minutes...

pretty hilarious watching the gruen transfer tonight taking the piss out of apple tragics lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Im due for a new smart phone. Had the Motorola defy plus and contracts up. Has anyone any views on the Sony Xperia Z 1 (waterproof), Samsung Galaxy 4 mini, or the HTC 1 mini?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast