Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whats your favorite plant

Default Re: Whats your favorite plant

Nandina Gulfstreams,

There formal in shape, can be shaped, don't drop leaves, are bright crimson in winter and a mid solid green in summer. Hardy plant and love the sun and suit many garden themed situations.
    The three in a row in the middle of the picture were photo'd in late autumn. Now there the brightest of crimson in color.
    Can be difficult to get on ocassions due to nursery limitations with licenses. But when Bunnings get them in they are $3 cheaper at $17 than the nursery.

Cheers Garry

The ones growing in the shed at the last rental place I was doing are some of my favorites!! Have a lovely aroma at times

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    The ones growing in the shed at the last rental place I was doing are some of my favorites!! Have a lovely aroma at times
    if there the ones i'm thinking of i believe there horrible stinky plants that i will pull out dry and burn when i can
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Xanthostemon chrysanthus - Golden Penda, is a great evergreen shrub, beautiful green foilage with huge stunning yellow flowers.

Seeing a magnificent Magnolia tree in full flower, with no leaves is unbeatable in my eyes.

cheers

Very Helpful Member

a couple of weeks ago before the rain came it was dandelions and paspalum
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    a couple of weeks ago before the rain came it was dandelions and paspalum
    I have to say nothing excites me and my senses more than a Gum Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I like Camellia's but also love Cape Chestnut trees. I love the smell of Osmanthus, but they're not the best looking plant Ive ever seen.
    I spotted this Cape Chestnut in Coffs Harbour a few weeks ago. You can barely see the leaves because of the flowers. Beautiful tree.
    Cape Chestnut Coffs (Small).JPG

Great trees. There's one in the yard where my eldest goes for Prep, probably double the size of that one. Going to grab some pics this week.

Member Rye Victoria great nature's Avatar

im a sucker for anything variegated, yep, even ivy.
    the scent of michelia figo(whoa baby) smells like original flavour bubblegum.
    and kanga paws(esp. bush volcano). i wish they would stop coming up with new varieties so i would stop buying them. it hurts my wallet.

It might have been 40 in Melb last Thursday but, we still had snow!
    Melaleuca linearifolia.
    2012-11-29 10.05.43.jpg2012-11-29 10.06.40.jpg
    Cheers Fred.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234