Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Property Clean Ups...

Default Re: Property Clean Ups...

Quote Originally Posted by starmow View Post
    Few days ago I give quote on one property but I looked it on the night and today I work 3h and remove the green waste for $120
    Is like this happen to anybody???
    Depends how much green waste there was, sometimes it takes 3hrs to mow 3x $40 lawns including quick chats and driving between them and sometimes more. At least it was all in the one spot and you might get a regular job out of it.

Hi everybody, today I have quote for overgrown lawn on property,
    The property is on the corner of the street and size is around 750m2 and grass is around 3 feet high and they want cut and remove green waste.
    How much you would like to charge for it?
    Sorry because I not take photo of it...

Work out how long it will take you, charge a dollar a minute. Make sure you add some extra time as thing do not always go as planned!

Then work out how much waste to the tip and charge accordingly.

Once this is done and you think they have a higher budget add a little cream on the top.

Makes it hard with out seeing it!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

I'm mowing a back-yard (only) tomorrow, about 3' high, do it every year for $200, last year $300 to rake & remove. Takes an hour roughly to mow with the Cox.

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Being a corner block it will be bigger. Really need to see some photos of it to get a good idea. These jobs are hard on you and your gear. You need to charge well to make it worth your while.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Hey Andy is the $190 cowboy still around or did he f.f.f.f.f.fade away?

this schmuck uni student asked me for a quote on his overgrown yard...i mean the grass was at some point 6ft high!! Mind you his yard was only around 400sqm but still a jungle....I told him I cant really afford to abuse my gear and I dont know what is under all this grass. He said "Oh no theres nothing under all of this" Then I tripped over some petrified towel and a random brick. Bloody schmuck he is..I told him mate even if you said yes for $200 I probably wouldnt be in a real hurry to do this. I even said theres 4 of you living here, thats only $50 each for a whole years mowing not done! He said ill get back to ill talk to the others. Boy I was happy not to get it.

A week later I did his neighbour's yard, $40 for less than half an hours work and theyre happy for me to cut high and only take a couple of inches off so its nice and green since the last contractor scalped half the lawn. I talk to this schmuck uni student while he was having a cigarette on the gutter saying ye its lucky you got someone to do your yard to which he replied, "YEA!! the guy "only" charged $140 and did it the next day" with the tone of YOU MISSED OUT in his voice.

My partner told me I was immature when I told the guy "Well on that same day I just did your old college and they paid me 5 times more." Well maybe I was being a little immature, but these bludgin uni students parking their car on the irrigated yard really gives me the sh!ts.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Hey Andy is the $190 cowboy still around or did he f.f.f.f.f.fade away?
    I haven't picked up a newspaper in ages, I'll have a look next time one arrives. Crazy price for a days work, would have to have heaps of add ons ie: tip fees, travel costs, fuel and just keep adding them on till everything is covered.

Ive got a large small leafed hedge to do over the next few weeks.( for a new regular customer who is not too stingy with paying too)
    Its roughly 4 metres high.
    Normal width around a meter.
    Its averaged around 10 odd metres in length.
    Any iodeas on what i should quote for this?
    Im gonna get a platform for this one i think.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

with hedges I only ever quote an hourly rate plus tip fee, I hate trying to quote them at a flat rate!
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Whats your hourly rate for hedging?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123