Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chainsaw best value for money

Default Re: Chainsaw best value for money

The 63Impala stihl here But a brand new Tanaka $150 deleverd just crazy....

Pocked change for a name brand work horse....

Any one got loud speaker on there trucks with 'HORSE' sounds well I do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCkSJhCD6SA

Settle down Mini Chev {Toyota Hilux}
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

But if you are just starting out these is what you should do....
    Bye the best mower,blower,whipper snipper
    After a few jobs,Kombi system with atachments,Then a chainsaw

The thing is dont wait to get stuff alway search for a barging even if you dont need there will be a day you do and its already there....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Stihl shops have a deal on the MS170 presently. $299 which is the normal sale price for the saw but at the moment they are including the hard orange plastic carry case (RRP$79) and a Stihl cap.
    +1, just buy this one & be done with it. it will always be there in the protective case onboard & ready to go.

The ozito jobbies would be a good buy if they had a 3yr warranty??(as does most of the ozito stuff, just return it to bunnies with receipt, wearing civvies, no questions asked).

the best small saw, imho, is the Echo, but cost would not be justified for OP.

remember to keep the chain sharp, this is the key to efficient (& enjoyable!!) cutting.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Stihl shops have a deal on the MS170 presently. $299 which is the normal sale price for the saw but at the moment they are including the hard orange plastic carry case (RRP$79) and a Stihl cap.
    yeh got one of the stihls ms170 it is a small light saw does a very good job for its size , also have stihl ms381 , stihl ms460 magnum second hand off father inlaw , and mcculloch 4218 ,

Got to many saw close to the same power [cc] looking at Husqvaran 550 had a few jobs with the huskies choping huge hard wood and yes it lived up to the name even with low kick back chain not a 404 chisel chain so a upgarde would be good....

Sold the old 40cc saw and up graded to the 550xp so did not end off costing much very nice saw like the huskies over the stihl more slim line had a stitl 60cc something brandnew but sold it very nice say hoppfully some work rolls in that this bad boy can do some justic cheers Impala....

best value bang for your buck is the Ozito arborist chainsaw at Bunnings , I paid less than $150 had it for 3 seasons now it's done heaps of jobs and the bonus part for me is , it was left at the side of the truck while packing up , drove over an hour away from the job didn't realize til we stop at the next job to find the saw was missing , drove back to the previous job 1 hrs drive to find it sitting on the road were the truck was parked before we left the first time , couple of marks on it where the trailer wheels pushed it around on the road , hey guess what , it's been with me the last 2 seasons and doesn't miss a beat and still has the original spark plug in it too , 2 new chains to change over when blunt , that's great bang for my buck , just saying

cheers all
    Les
    Grass keeps growing and we keep mowing

I'm in. Often wonder if cheap sh!t is good, this is good, dunno when i'll use one but if I do, this will be ok.(
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofhead View Post
    best value bang for your buck is the Ozito arborist chainsaw at Bunnings , I paid less than $150 had it for 3 seasons now it's done heaps of jobs and the bonus part for me is , it was left at the side of the truck while packing up , drove over an hour away from the job didn't realize til we stop at the next job to find the saw was missing , drove back to the previous job 1 hrs drive to find it sitting on the road were the truck was parked before we left the first time , couple of marks on it where the trailer wheels pushed it around on the road , hey guess what , it's been with me the last 2 seasons and doesn't miss a beat and still has the original spark plug in it too , 2 new chains to change over when blunt , that's great bang for my buck , just saying

cheers all
    Les
    Grass keeps growing and we keep mowing

with 12months warranty on the Bunnings Ozito arborist chainsaw , if it goes for the first 3 jobs and you have trouble with it take it back for a new one , now that's bang for your buck truely , Matt toke his back with a broken choke lever , New chain saw woohoo , of coarse after the job was done , haha , and Ive used mine on tree trunks over 10" thick and 8 meters high ,
    and then when Aldi get their chainsaws out for $198 , thats bang for your bucks too , invest in a couple of spare chains to suit each saw and your in business and when you've made your first grand for cutting up trees , you can get better saws , tip is don't get anything you can't prime the fuel bubble , had a baumrag piece of crap ended up spare parts for the mowing shop near by , and it only did 1 job ever in it's life , go to bunnings and get your warranty is better than Ebay sometimes

I like my 54cc BBT chainsaw from Ebay. Cut 3 loads of wood plus sawed quite a few trees off fences. So for $199 delivered I think they are good value for money. Equivalent Stihl or Husqvarna would be close to $1000.
    Cheers
    hjl

+1 for the 54cc BBT. Paid for itself in one job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123