Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lawnmower stolen lock your gear up

Default Re: Lawnmower stolen lock your gear up

I still haven't got used to taking the keys out of the vehicle in town.
    Half the time I leave it unlocked with the keys in it. Other times I lock it up with the keys inside.

We had some idiot steal an empty carboard box that was sitting out the front of our house! We also had a guy who was riding a gopher try and break into our car...i was in our bedroom in the middle of the day in broad daylight heard this strange noise like someone trying to open our car door, i look outside and some f*ck head on a gopher it parked next to our car, he saw me and before i could get to the front door and unlock it (we deadbolt our door) to show the guy my nine iron he had taken off and desapeared...what a prick
    Independent and i know it

Default Re: lock your gear up

F*kn bastards.
    Im so sorry to hear Nlam.
    Ive changed my way of doing the lawns now due to scum stealing our stuff.
    I now take everything with me to the back of the client's house and mow, trim & blow. Then take it all out the front & do the same. But i leave the mower & what ever Im not using in the middle of the lawn im mowing. Just so i can keep a good eye on it all.
    This is causing a little more time to do a job. I dont have the spare money to buy another mower straight away.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Ive seen a simliar thing not long ago.
    I was unloading my gear and was walking through the clients lawn towards the gate when i noticed sum low life wondering around the street. He then walked past my ute & had a sneak peak inside.
    I was thinking of the GPS stuck on the window.. I snuck up behind the ute without him noticing. The sum bag was standing in the middle of the road just staring into my ute.
    I slammed my hand on the back of my ute and the sum bag jumped out of his skin. I held my mobile up to me ear saying. He's 5 feet 9. Male , approx 17-19 years old. Hes standing in Johnston Street now . You should have seen the look on the sum bag's face..... He bolted up the road losing a shoe whilst he was running.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I was unloading my gear and was walking through the clients lawn towards the gate when i noticed sum low life wondering around the street. He then walked past my ute & had a sneak peak inside.
    I was thinking of the GPS stuck on the window.. I snuck up behind the ute without him noticing. The sum bag was standing in the middle of the road just staring into my ute.
    I slammed my hand on the back of my ute and the sum bag jumped out of his skin. I held my mobile up to me ear saying. He's 5 feet 9. Male , approx 17-19 years old. Hes standing in Johnston Street now . You should have seen the look on the sum bag's face..... He bolted up the road losing a shoe whilst he was running.

LMAO - that is so funny, mate !!!

lol..
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Rockin Re: Lawnmower stolen lock your gear up

Now all you needed was someone to get you on video and post it on admins $1000 video post and you're in the running!!!!

What's the WS ?
    I just got the same Honda and the blade break is giving me rsi
    Quote Originally Posted by MowerRob View Post
    Sorry to hear about ya gear getting stolien

As for which mower, I have both and I prefer the new one. The blade brake is good especially if doing a lawn with a lot of grass dont need to turn mower off. I just use a clip to keep the blade brake on when mowing normally.

and a I also made a bar for WS to sit on

What's the WS ?
    WS= whipper snipper.
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

What's the WS ?
    just buy a cheap cramp on like Mower Rob. You engage the blades and lock it on.
    "Time trial. Start as fast as possible, finish as fast as possible and hope it is fast enough,"

As dumb as this seems but, its actually an offence to interfere with a safety device, like removing the whippy guard.(not that I'm an offender-ever)

I use clamps for my Hrx (I've used it without a clamp and it's not a big issue) and my rover which has the engine brake.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234