Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anzac day

Default Re: Anzac day

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    For the last couple of years, I have created the image that my children's school has used for the front cover of their memorial booklet for their ANZAC Day service (when the principal finds out you can desktop publish you get asked to do all sorts of stuff). I have always enjoyed creating something new each year. This year my eldest daughter Alyssa, who is 11 came up with the design and I love it, she did a fabulous job I think....

I love that the children spend time learning about ANZAC and all want to keep the memories and spirit alive.

Looks Like Alyssa is a chip off the old block... Looks great Jo you must be proud..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

For the last couple of years, I have created the image that my children's school has used for the front cover of their memorial booklet for their ANZAC Day service (when the principal finds out you can desktop publish you get asked to do all sorts of stuff). I have always enjoyed creating something new each year. This year my eldest daughter Alyssa, who is 11 came up with the design and I love it, she did a fabulous job I think....

I love that the children spend time learning about ANZAC and all want to keep the memories and spirit alive.

Very Nice

The sun's shining down on these green fields of France,
    The warm wind blows gently and the red poppies dance.
    The trenches have vanished long under the plow,
    No gas, no barbed wire; no guns firing now!

Eric Bogle

For the last couple of years, I have created the image that my children's school has used...
    Lovely work. It tells the story quietly.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

Thanks everyone, I am rather proud of her. The concept is entirely hers and I do think she has captured something special. We worked on it together today as the concept took shape (with me driving photoshop as she's still learning it at the moment). The process encouraged quite a discussion on what ANZAC day means, fighting in another country, defending something you believe in, subsciption, what it must have been like to watch those around you be killed, fear and bravery despite the fear, and how it must have been for the families back home. All in all a very poignant discussion that proved to me my relatively young kids can understand and sympathise with what were very adult topics of conversation.
    ~ Joanne ~

Looks great Alyssa, you must be proud of her Joanne.

As most of us in this industry are Aussie, I dont think many will work ANZAC day.
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    Very Nice

The sun's shining down on these green fields of France,
    The warm wind blows gently and the red poppies dance.
    The trenches have vanished long under the plow,
    No gas, no barbed wire; no guns firing now!

Eric Bogle
    That verse suits the picture just perfectly! Thank you
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    ...I dont think many will work ANZAC day...
    Correct.

ANZAC day call-outs are subject to a polite "This is a nil availability day as part of National heritage and respect" (i.e. "fnck off and learn some manners", and I do not apologise for it and never will). I live and work within a few cultures and respect, tolerate and accept their needs. When it's mutual, it's right.

It would be quite disrespectful to operate on ANZAC Day. It's a time of remembrance and more.

I'm still not happy with Westfield and all even being open. I won't go there, or to any shop. I'll be at a local Cenotaph, remember rellies and mates and then stay in for the day. Maybe I'm old-fashioned.

On Thursday morning, tie your boots on, clasp your belt and remember how lucky we are to do those simple things in freedom and in peace, every day, because of what our forefathers gave up, did and sacrificed.

And then do it again every working day after that.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGuy View Post
    Correct.

ANZAC day call-outs are subject to a polite "This is a nil availability day as part of National heritage and respect" (i.e. "fnck off and learn some manners", and I do not apologise for it and never will). I live and work within a few cultures and respect, tolerate and accept their needs. When it's mutual, it's right.

It would be quite disrespectful to operate on ANZAC Day. It's a time of remembrance and more.

I'm still not happy with Westfield and all even being open. I won't go there, or to any shop. I'll be at a local Cenotaph, remember rellies and mates and then stay in for the day. Maybe I'm old-fashioned.

On Thursday morning, tie your boots on, clasp your belt and remember how lucky we are to do those simple things in freedom and in peace, every day, because of what our forefathers gave up, did and sacrificed.

And then do it again every working day after that.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    I thought it was only disrespectful to work before 1pm!!!

im working anzac day,

just too much work to not do so,

working saturday too, so unless i want to work sunday, i gotta work anzac day

got 3 jobs anzac day (least i'll be home by beer oclock !!!) :

got a good rental cleanup for an owner who gets me in once a year to tidy up the gardens, and a feral (renters abandoned it) to clean up for someone else.

also a small job for a family friend

why cant they make a 9 day week so i get my weekends back?

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGuy View Post
    It would be quite disrespectful to operate on ANZAC Day
    I hope this doesn't mean your working Wednesday garden guy

Its like post like happy i dont bother anymore comming on here but i have to say something...good luck happy working Ansac day as it was the diggers that died that allow you to work on that day , Christians get their day on good friday so for christ sake respect this day too...mate its not like you are on the bone of your arse that you have to work FFS.....work after 1.00 pm as the law states , ok i know small traders do before but please remember these people ..

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    ....work after 1.00 pm as the law states , ok i know small traders do before but please remember these people ..

can anyone link me to a law that states i cant work on anzac day until 1pm? please?

everything ive ever seen refers to sundays and public holidays being 8 am for noise.

and hey, geoff, if i choose to work it its up to me,

why cant i remember the anzacs any day i choose, why does it have to be on a certain day?

people DO WORK anzac day, shopkeepers, servo attendants etc etc etc, does that make them bad people too?

im just like anyone else, just trying to get along, pay the bills etc, and i dont want to lose customers because i cant fit them in, because of a "public holiday" - unless someones gonna pay me to stay home?

it was hard enough losing 2 days around easter, (had to work the weekends before and after those days) just catching up from that and lo and behold anzac day, then next fortnight we got labour day too, - does it make me bad if i work on labour day too?

to each their own -

no ones being forced to work it that doesnt want to - and no one should be forced NOT to work if they choose to.

cheers to ya

Its like post like happy i dont bother anymore comming on here
    dont be like that geoff ... im sure theres plenty of people who like reading your post and get good info from them ...
    cheers

I won't work it but I'll be at the local club with most Aussies playing 2 up, listening to war stories and being served beer by the bar staff who are working - enough hypocrisy, there's been enough out of control threads lately

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast