Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaf Blowers

Default Re: Leaf Blowers

After all that, I say still go backpack. No more time to get it going, heap more power, yes you have to take it off to get it started again if you stop it, but so what? The time you save on the job you won't need to get started again because by the time someone comes to talk you have finished blowing.

I agree with Ian. I could,nt really justify a backpack but do have a backup blower. If the job is big, I,ll use both at once.
    Using two at once can give u the advantage of coming at sticky stuff from different angles .
    Cheers Dean.

Just got the Stihl BR 600 backpack, I reckon this thing halves the amount of time taken to do a job over my old 26cc one. Having tasted the power there is no going back !! Only thing wrong with it is the price, but it should last for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by ian
    while backpacks are great for larger areas i think a handhelds are more practical for the average domestic lawn if a client wants to talk to you when using the backpack you have to turn it off then take it off and place it on the ground to restart it whereas with my honda it is simply 1 pull of the starter cord and it's going again but if you have large areas to blow definitely get a backpack they are so much more powerful and quicker at cleaning carparks or long,wide driveways
    so true Ian doing my taberat yje other day with backpack , i started it 10 times had to take it of and start it up because people what to talk...just crap talk although one was a manager of a nearby business and wanted a quote , but thats so true....backpack is alone thingy in a lonely school yard or carpark only

Very Helpful Member

i brought my echo eb600 2nd hand from a dealer it's ex council [he does all the council maintenance] it cost me less than my honda hand held but as i said they both have there uses i feel using the backpack to blow some of the lawns i do would be like buying a ride-on to mow a nature strip way more power and ability than is need for the job
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    so true Ian doing my taberat yje other day with backpack , i started it 10 times had to take it of and start it up because people what to talk...just crap talk although one was a manager of a nearby business and wanted a quote , but thats so true....backpack is alone thingy in a lonely school yard or carpark only
    Geoff, unless u r keen on talking to them, just leave it on & let it idle.
    Im pretty sure it,ll shorten the conversation somewhat & you,ll be back on the job in no time .
    Cheers Dean.

yeah true mate , ever sat in a office chair with the back pack full on geez can it go quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    I had a Tanaka blower in the past. It was ok but didn't like the heat. It would struggle whenever it was even slightly hot. I also had a Tanaka hedge trimmer which was pretty good.
    Tanaka are OK - untill you try a Stihl. The Tanakas shake themselves to bits also.
    Pay a bit more coin for a stihl with the anti vibration setup (like a chainsaw - suspended with springs and rubber pads) - quieter and push more air at fast idle than the Tanaka do flat out.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

I've got a Makita/Robin 4 stroke hand held and it is very good. I like the throttle lock and it is very powerful. I also have a 2 stroke GMC blower that I bought from Big W for $98.00 It has been fantastic has paid for itself 10 times over and just keeps on going/blowing. 2 or 3 pulls and away it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme
    Just got the Stihl BR 600 backpack, I reckon this thing halves the amount of time taken to do a job over my old 26cc one. Having tasted the power there is no going back !! Only thing wrong with it is the price, but it should last for ages.

I got the BR600 too. One fine machine that one.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff

Maybe you could ask them to pull the starter cord before they leave so you don't have to take it off???
    Dynamow Lawnmowing
    www.dynamow.net.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12