Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Shingu brushies

Default Shingu brushies

I need a new brushie, my faithful ol' Kawa has given up the ghost. I've found a Shingu with a 31cc Robin engine for $499 that seems unbeatable price-wise. Made in Japan, they've been around since Moses was a boy apparantly, with a good reputation.

I've pretty well decided to get one, just want to know if anyone has any experience good or bad with Shingu.

(no impala, I don't want a Stihl )

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Default Re: Shingu brushies

Man you are mine reader I was going to say that and then i was shut down lol

But i will say is for five large you can get the fs85 it is a name you can trust and your cliets will think your cool.....

Smile Re: Shingu brushies

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala
    Man you are mine reader I was going to say that and then i was shut down lol
    LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala
    But i will say is for five large you can get the fs85 it is a name you can trust and your cliets will think your cool.....
    I have a FS 85 Kev, \Good machine for my hedger but for a Whipper/Brushie/ Trimmer there are better options !!!

Stihl chainsaws are also excellent machines !!

My next blower will be a Stihl B? 85/86
    Best handheld blower on the market in my opinion.
    Last purchase Tanaka, excellent, reliable but not as good as the 85 (power that is)

I have had 3 Stihl trimmers in the past but they don't feel right compared to Dolmar, Echo, Shindaiwa.
    My latest is a 34 Tanaka.
    Quiet, reliable but so gutless.
    My old Dolmar out preforms this in power but not in ease of use, quiet etc.

If ever a Stihl designed mower is designed I think you wil be the first to test drive

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye
    I need a new brushie, my faithful ol' Kawa has given up the ghost. I've found a Shingu with a 31cc Robin engine for $499 that seems unbeatable price-wise. Made in Japan, they've been around since Moses was a boy apparantly, with a good reputation.

I've pretty well decided to get one, just want to know if anyone has any experience good or bad with Shingu.

Can't you get another Kawa?
    I have got a Shingu pole hedger with the Robin engine that has been good, but the gearbox has gone and it is getting fixed. It has had a lot of use. It did struggle with fuel when on its side if there was less than half a tank in it, but other than that it has been a good machine. Very much worth the money.

Thumbs up Re: Shingu brushies

i have 2 shingu's and they are great,never ever let me down.

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye

nice one..

Update - I got the Kawa going!Yay!! Its been to 2 different shops this last 2 weeks, both were told what was wrong. First shop serviced & "repaired" it. It ran for half an hour. Took it to another bloke who reckoned it needed a new ignition module @ over $200, which is when I decided to get a Shingu.

Had a look today. 1 - the plastic housing had obviously not been removed. 2 - the contacts on the magneto were covered in rust (I live right on the beach) and 3 - the lead from the mag was pinched under the housing, which I reckon was the main culprit.

Cleaned the contacts, made up a new lead & it started first pull.Going like a demon again!

First shop charged me $55, bloody expensive spark plug. Second shop charged me $10 for his time, and I almost spent $550 on a new machine

This is why I do all my own servicing when possible, and go to the "mechanics" as a last resort - grease monkey, pls move down here!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I've got a Makita/Robin 25cc Loop handle trimmer, very good so far and very light, plenty of power for normal trimmer work. Picked it up for $460 at the local Hardware shop and because I have an account there I have 30 days to pay for it.

Good news you got it going Redeye but when it finally dies buy a Stihl mate, you wont be sorry. I have a Stihl backpack FR106 that is over 15 years old with thousands of hours, including hundreds of full day clearing work and it still goes like a champion. The FS110 4mix is a hell of a machine too.